Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Series Tag Problem

Esther, are you on drugs? Sue has done nothing awesome at all. The problem is that a show can be recorded, watched and then deleted. If it is repeated, as lazy station programmers are now doing all too frequently, that show will record again. Yes, it will not record again if it remains on the HDD, but doing this takes up valuable HDD space as well as cluttering up the menu.

Sue has said nothing that resolves this issue.

Simply repeating to us what we are complaining about does not do anything to resolve the issue.

Telling us how to sort programs does not resolve the issue.

Setting the system to delete shows only exacerbates the problem as now they are gone they can be recorded again.

Priority levels are not the problem.

Sue I am not sure if you actually understand the problem.

It is NOT with the information sent by the networks. Ice TV, Topfield, Beyondwiz all use the same information sent by the networks. It just seems their programmers can do more with it.

Occasional Contributor Kitzyy
Occasional Contributor

It's still extremely frustrating, especially since the removal of remote recording via the Fetch App, something Ice TV can still do.

Fetch TV need to make some series programming changes   Because I rarely had double ups on recordings and always deleted watched recordings. The algorithms just seemed to work so much better on ICE TV  to detect if a show had changed its scheduled time or was a repeat. 

To to be honest, Fetch's only care like any business, is the money, hence the changes to push buying new channels and rent or buy movies.

Gone are the simple features that should be standard in any premium service you pay extra for, remote recording, functional series recording, ability to view EPG data on the phone or search for a TV show by name/actor etc. Once again all available on ICE TV.

Its not good enough and Fetch won't change because they honestly couldn't give a f$@k! So unless makes some user oreintated changes soon and surprise me I will still be cancelling the service at the end of contract.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I don't even know if Fetch are fully aware of the discontent. Try to give feedback on Fetch's website and you'll  find that you need to have the service provided direct by Fetch and log in by your user name; otherwise you gave to go through your ISP, which means we are relying on Optus to relay our issues, and Optus seems unwilling to go to bat for us. Other ISPs may be more willing but also may not be having as many issues. IiNet, for example are already offering multiroom capability for up to three devices - most likely minis, so what have their customers got to complain about. Optus just says "it's coming" and then state it will only be for one extra mini unless you gave a mobile account in which case you can have two.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Kitzyy, we have a strong working relationship with Fetch TV. Our Project teams do liaise with them with feedback from our service channels. From what I understand, several features had their functionality removed to improve stability on some platforms, with the view to add them back in gradually.

@Khun_Tilt, there's some speculation there. Currently you can have an extra device (Mini) billed to a mobile account allowing effectively 2 STB in the household. Multi-room, when launched, will allow up to 3 set top boxes (either Mini's or Mighty's depending on requirements)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Scott M,  I'm not sure how to respnd without risking you taking it personally. I will temper my response as much as I can.

Your view of "gradually" seems very generous indeed. As an exampke, Youtube has not been restored to the gen 3 boxes despite repeated claims it is coming. 

As to the additional Fetch boxes I suggest you do a search through Yes Crowd on this topic. We have been advised in very clear terms that an additional box CANNOT be supplied due to bandwidth issues. Period. No ifs or buts or maybes.

Then there are posts by people who say the DO have an additional box but it is billed as a separate service, not an additional box on the existing service. I have posed the question about having three boxes and the posted response is clear. A third box will only be available to those with an Optus mobile. I also have prints from online chats on this. I have actually queried this response, given the confusing responses, and they have gone away and come back to confirm that yes that IS the position.

And thhere is still no satisfactory response as to why MTV Classic was removed from the Entertainment pack and is now available again but as part of a new pack but for an additional fee. As I  have pisted elsewhere this is fine for new subsribers who can better choose what packs they want.  But for existing users this makes no sense. The new pack is available but of the 7 channels in the new oack 5 are in the Entertainment pack and the 6th is a channel repeating old shows like Murder She Wrote which are repeated elsewhere anyway. The old Entertainment Pack is not available to new subscribers do why did it have to be altered to begin with.

So, ni real answers to our questipns...just a load of BS.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

As a further comment on the tab issue I  will advise that I  am  looking at the recorded list for a show right now. There are three particular episodes of note. Series 6, episodes 1, 5 and 7 of this show. Why are they of note? Because each appears twice,  at different dates. So even though these shows had already been recorded, and remain on the HDD, they each recorded again when repeated at later dates. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor NatF
Occasional Contributor

I'd love it if someone could answer this.

I'm new to Fetch and just want to clarify if setting a series tag automatically records all episodes?

I've set a series tag but the R symbol hasn't appeared on any of the episodes, only the star and I'm not convinced that this means it will record.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure the star indicates a series recording.

Occasional Contributor NatF
Occasional Contributor

Thankyou! I'll give it a shot.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor NumberSix
Occasional Contributor

So with the multiple recordings of the same episodes using tag . . . Foxtel/Sky can do it but Optus Fetch cannot.

Optus don't have a very good reputation, just look through the Yes Crowd forums, especially the cutting-edge NBN.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors