Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Contributor MattBucko
Contributor

Re: Fetch TV STB Streaming Issue

Hello All,

Having been informed Optus are not even working on a firmware fix to the Mighty Fetch TV STB streaming issue, I went ahead and cancelled my Optus bundle which included NBN, landline and Fetch TV.  The lady I spoke to from the customer services team waived the cancellation fees when I explained to her how bad my experience has been with the Mighty Fetch TV STB.  I have now signed up to a Telstra bundle; NBN, landline and platinum Foxtel including the iQ3 STB which although is more expensive than my bundle with Optus, will be a much better consumer experience.

The return bags arrived today and I will be glad to see the back of the Mighty Fetch TV STB.

Good luck with all the disgruntled Mighty Fetch TV STB customers reading this thread, you may have a long wait until you see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Optus, the issues with Fetch TV STB and EPL coverage have been going on far too long, you are going to lose more customers if you cannot invest in the resources to fix the issues quickly. Moving away from your core business in to consumer content is always going to be challenging and securing the EPL was a big win for Fetch TV but you currently do not have a robust, stable hardware product line and technical support team that underpins a good customer experience.

My experience with Fetch TV has tarnished my view of Optus even though I had no complaint's at all in relation to my NBN and landline, if I had not bundled the Fetch TV, I would have not considered cancelling my contract but the frustration of the Mighty STB instabilities over the 4 months I had it were too much in the end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor SKP
Occasional Contributor

Been an issue for almost 2 months. Optus are zero help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Marie

Sorry you feel this way SKP, I've responded to your PM about this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Alphonse
New Contributor

Constantly, complained after also getting critical hardware failure message. Received a new STB about 3 weeks ago and I am now getting streaming issue messages again, it usually clears after restarting the STB a couple of times. Quite frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Alphonse, disappointing to hear that you're experiencing another issue with the replacement device. Are you able to navigate to your set top box settings? On the main fetch UI, select manage → Chose Settings from the drop down menu → Run diagnostics. Let us know if you're being prompted with a network error message. Were you connected via Wi-Fi, Powerline adapters or a direct Ethernet connection to your modem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Alphonse
New Contributor

After about five attempts to get the box started everything appears normal, diagnostics indicate everything is fine, watching streamed channels is fine until after watching a FTA channel and change back to streamed channel....... Streaming issue message shows up. If I toggle between streamed channels it sometimes will start working, otherwise I need to restart;sometimes up to 5 times. I am using a power line adapter which causes no problem with my tv set or ps3. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Alphonse, 

As you're toggling through channels, every time a streamed channel comes up in the sequence - you're being  prompted with the error message?  There could be some sort of hardware or software defect there but its difficulty to say. The first thing we'd suggest is a soft reset (which it sounds like youv'e already done.) The next thing we'd try is a factory reset. Have you tried giving this a shot yet → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701? If you're still experiencing the same issue, then we'll really have no other choice but to offer you another replacement unit. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Alphonse
New Contributor

I have performed the factory reset, 2hrs in and no problem so far, hopefully problem solved.

Thanks for your advice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kartika

Great! that`s what we want to hear. Glad that it is now working @Alphonse. If you need assistance with anything else in the future let us know. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos