Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Contributor MattBucko
Contributor

Fetch TV STB Streaming Issue

Ok ladies and gentleman, lets do a count of how many people are suffering from the Fetch TV set top box (STB) streaming issue error message. No need to write a long reply, just a full stop will do. By replying to this post, you are confirming you have experienced the streaming issue error message, the more people reply, the more Optus will take notice and more resources will be applied to finding a fix to the issue.

All I want is what I am paying for and right now I will be paying for a Fetch TV STB for the next 2 years that has a latent defect.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Timmyd1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV STB Streaming Issue

Unfortunately yes. Only seems to be in peak times 6-11pm. Have you got nbn? I have and it still sucks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor FetchTVSupport
Contributor

Hello,

Fetch TV Support picking this one up for Optus. 

There is a known bug impacting Second Generation Fetch TV boxes and causing this streaming issue.  There is a software update scheduled to start going out from Monday morning that will fix this on Gen 2 boxes.  Assuming the release is approved to go out as scheduled, you can reboot your box after 10am Monday to pick up the new software.

If you are seeing it on Mini or Mighty please let us know as that will need further investigation.

Cheers

Sue

Fetch TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor MattBucko
Contributor

Thank Sue for the update, unfortunately I have the Mighty STB which has had the streaming issue error message since day one and since the weekend has gotten worse to the point now where I am starring at a black TV screen with just the streaming issue error message in the top right hand corner. I have again tried everything I can think of to temporarily remedy the issue e.g menu settings restart, power off and on the STB, power off and on the NBN box and Optus NBN modem off and on, nothing will now bring the STB back to life.

After 4 months of logging calls and writing posts on this forum I have reached the end of my patience and just phoned the technical support team again to cancel my bundle and walk away from Optus, chalk it up as a lesson learnt and move my NBN, phone and TV to Telstra but they advised me only the customer support team can action my request and they are now closed for the day so my cancellation cannot be processed until tomorrow.  

Its a shame as the NBN and phone have worked great but the very poor experience with the Fetch Mighty STB has tarnished my view of Optus.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Will this fix my speeds between 6 and 11pm? What compensation will i receive for 4 weeks of product unreliability? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Hey Timmyd1, this will not improve your current speeds as it's not relation to your internet connection. Have you been given a fault ref number by our tech support team? Also, any compensation claims are assessed on case by case basis by our billing team on 133937. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor FetchTVSupport
Contributor

Timmy

Can you please email your box serial number and this description of the issue to contactus@fetchtv.com.au  We will take a look at the box logs to see if we can work out what's going on - whether the fault is with the box, or whether it's something to do with your modem.  Find your serial number at menu>manage>settings>device info>serial number.

Cheers

Sue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hopefully we can sort this out. I am away but will message details tomorrow or Sunday. 

Regards Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I have emailed the details you needed. I have put up with another frustrating weekend of inferior product and internet. I am currently sitting here in silence because fetch and my other services are unusable. Can somebody help me before i break my tv? Can somebody also advise me if it is easier to waste my time going into a optus store so they can help me. 

Again it only sèems to be getting worse between 6-11pm. I don't actually think it is the modem or fetch box but myself being duped into believing optus could deliver on their promise. 

Enough with the crap. Fix my problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Timmyd1 - Did you send these through to us or to another team? I can't see any details that were sent through to our email dropbox or to us via private message. If you're able to PM me the full name, account number and date of birth on the account, we'll have a look and see what we're able to do to help with this.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors