Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NannyR
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV Remote

My Fetch remote has been playing up for a while.  The Centre button sticks and then you get the tv screen scrolling up and down for ages. Also now when I press rewind on Recording, it just seems to go backwards and forwards. Very very frustrating.

I did Live Chat with Sales this morning and they said I could buy a replacement in store. When I went to Loganholme Hyperdome store, I waited for approx 20 mins before finally being seen. The lady who served me, I think was in charge, as she was helping some of the other staff with queries also. She did apologise for the delay, but when I explained what I wanted, she said they don't stock any Fetch at all. Doesn't one section of Optus know what happens in other departments?

She then went into the back and came back a while later to inform me that I had to go online and order one for $15, which isn't bad. The thing I am angry at is they want another $15 for postage. I don't know where they get their price of postage from. Please, please help Also I am a pensioner, don't expect too much sympathy, but being given the runaround isn't any help. In total I wasted about 1/2 hour and had to stand most of the time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Remote

Hmm I wouldn't have thought the stores would carry those items and I'm surprised they advised you they did. Maybe I'm behind the times on what they carry. I do think $15 is a tad expensive however it is certified or signature mail not your ordinary post.

0 Kudos
NannyR
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, they definately said to go in store. That was from sales. I didn't ask for registered post. Surely as long as it's packed well it should be ok. Is that logical?

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you get any choice on how it is sent and I believe StarTrack has the contract with Optus. I guess if it was a thousand dollar phone it would make sense but $15 on a $15 item seems a bit stiff.

0 Kudos