Searching...
Accepted Solution

Fetch TV Remote Reset

adamhowden

Hi,

I've just set up my Fetch TV remote to talk to my Sony LCD which is great but now the volume only affects my TV and not the Fetch set top box, which is a total pain as the TV is routed through my stereo amplifier anyway. So now I have to use two remotes, one to change the channel and one to adjust the volume?

Surely there is a way to reset the remote to not talk to the TV? Does any one know how to do this, there is nothing in the instruction manual, user guide or any contact info for Fetch directly to ask them? help...

Highlighted
Solution

Re: Fetch TV Remote Reset

FetchTVSupport

Hello,

If you want to reset your remote control from controlling your TV so it just controls your Fetch TV Box:
  1. Start by pressing the ‘?’ button on the remote for 3 seconds, until the ‘TV’ button light on the remote flashes twice.
    This will put the remote control into ‘Programming mode’  where you can reset it. You'll have 30 seconds to do this before your remote exits 'programming mode'.
  2. Now that you’re in ‘programming mode’, press the following buttons on your remote in order:  977 
  3. After you press the ‘9’ button, then the ‘7’ button and then the ‘7’ button again, you should see the ‘TV’ button light on the remote flash four times to show that the remote is reset.

Your remote will now only control your Fetch TV Box, not your TV. 
    If you want to program the Fetch TV remote to control your TV again, refer to our 'Universal Remote Instructions' guide on fetchtv.com.au

Cheers

Fetch TV

Tom

Thanks for the post Fetch TV!

How did you go adamhowden?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

adamhowden

Great this worked.

I'm not sure why it's not in the PDF instruction manual or why I coudln't find it?

Tom

I'm not too sure why it's not in the quick start guides provided, will certainly pass on your feedback regarding this. If you need any further assistance, please post back so that we can help Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Fudge1T
I also had a hard time setting the remote!

And it's October 2014 and it hasn't changed.

But you don't have to reset our remote, the guide just needs to explain that
A) to have your remote controll STB volume press 'paw' and VOL -
B) To control TV volume 'paw' and VOL +

It is a toggle!

It took me forever to work out that you just enter the codes and there is NOT an input field. Used to a more friendly UI for sure.

Also is the Optus portal actually supposed to do anything? It has been spinning in 'recommended' for ages and none of the 1 of 45 have appeared. My Internet is ACCEPTABLE. Please explain.

Esther

Sorry for any misunderstandings regarding the steps. Have you rebooted the modem & fetch box to see if that improves it? 

L-squared

Another way to control the volume of the Fetch TV set top box without having to do all of the above is to install the free app on your mobile phone. The remote control in the app controls the STB volume and not the TV. Simple as those mercats would say !

remote difficulties

jmax

Hopefully this is posted in the right spot, I'm guessing really how to put in a new post/question

The remote for the gen2 box is rather like the apple remote for their tv box, looks nice but dreadfully designed. My mother who is a young 90 with her fingers can't use it, the buttons are not compatible with any elderly person. Is there a way to get a large button remote and use it with the fetch tv box? Do the optus stores sell the gen 1 remotes which are a bit like foxtel remotes but easier to use for her. Foxtel have a large button remote for the elderly, can this be programmed for elderly people with hands that do not quite work as they use to ???

Re: remote difficulties

Toomey

Hey @jmax, sorry to hear your mother has problems with the remote, unfortunately we offer the one kind. My advice would be to purchase a universal remote that would suit her better so you can program all of her devices to the one remote. I've had them myself previously and they're super easy to set up and use.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
46 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos