Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor DS89
New Contributor

Fetch TV Remote Replacement

Hi,

My Fetch TV remote has recently died, I have tried to order a new one via the 'Buy Hardware' tab in the Optus TV Account but the 'Confirm order' option is unable to be clicked after all the required information is entered.

We have also had alot of issues with the set top box and have factory reset it quite a few times in order to get it working again. Last time I spoke to a rep they mentioned we could replace it but would lose access to the box until the new one is received, given we can't use the box currently without the remote can we also order a replacement set top box?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Remote Replacement

Hey @DS89, sorry to hear about the remote 😞 At the moment, we have limited stock of the remotes and it's my understanding that the remote needs to be ordered seperately, meaning that even if we were to order another for you, you may still be waiting for a remote. In the meantime, you can control the Fetch via a mobile app if you wanted to download the Yes TV by Fetch app? If you're still wanting the replacement device sent out, please send us a PM with the full name, account number and date of birth on the account and we'll have a look into this with you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor MK14
New Contributor

Hi, I have misplaced our remote and tried to follow your above advice however when I do this it says I need an activation code to sign in and the activation code is found in the settings that I can’t get to lol. Is there another way to get the activation code? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @MK14, try this for us,

We'd first need you to log into your Optus.com.au/myaccount. You'd need to cick on the core service that your Fetch set top box is linked to i..e Broadband or mobile. 

Within the Dashboard tab, select the Yes TV by Fetch option and your activation code will be displayed on the main page. It’s a series of numbers / letters. Let us know how you go.

Find more info on finding your Fetch activation code, replacing your remote control and more by clicking on the URL below:

Getting started with Optus Fetch

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MissFudgie
New Contributor

Hi, is there any way u can use the remote on the fetch tv app for YouTube or Netflix? My remote on my phone seems to stop working as soon as I open one of the 3rd part apps on my fetch box

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@MissFudgie, which version of the Yes TV by Fetch application are you using?

The current version is 3.7

The latest update includes the following:

- You can now use the app to initiate playback on your TV via your Fetch box of any content you have access to view

- Updated the PIP view so you can continue to browse the app

- Added a Cast icon that appears when you're using the full screen player to view content, which allows you to move straight to viewing the same content on your TV

- Added a new settings area where you can set default playback behavior

- Made improvements to the connectivity and communications between the app and the box

Double check which version of the app you have. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MissFudgie
New Contributor

I am using the 3.7 version but as soon as I open Netflix or YouTube the remote in the fetch app no longer works. It works fine to change channels and volume, set recordings etc but I can’t use it for the apps like YouTube nd Netflix 

0 Kudos