Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor DeesOnSkis
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV Recording Playback Issues

Hi there

About a week or so ago when playing back recordings from my Fetch TV box, some would freeze or stutter in playback. This has now extended to most recordings. Fast forward also has problems stuttering. I have restarted the box a number of times. Checked all cables are not loose, and the box recently updated to the new software version fine.

Any ideas or experiences resolving this problem?

Thans

Dees

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch TV Recording Playback Issues

Hi Dee's

Have you tried a soft reset? If that doesn't work a hard reset. Follow these instructions:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dave

I can certainly try that if thats the only next step. Although I have checked My Account for an Activation Code and there is nothing listed there for me, so I am wary of doing that and not being able to activate the box again. I'll check the documentation that came with the box to see if there is a code with that.

Dees

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Dee's

You can access your activation code through the fetch box.

Using your remote

Press the paw button>manage>settings>user>activation code (among the top line)

Try that.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

The Soft Reset improved things marginally, but recording programs still stutter a bit in playback.

Dees

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Dees

Hard reset is the next thing but you will lose all your recordings

Dave

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

So I decided not to do a hard reset and lose all my settings and recordings yet. Instead I kept doing the occasional soft reset (all these options including about three different resets are available from the Settings screen for my box) and deleted lots and lots of recordings. As the older recordings were deleted, and I was left with only newer and fewer recordings, the problems have just about disappeared. I still get a problem where fast forward through recordings struggles, but no freezes or stutters any more.

Cheers

Dees

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor grapenose
Occasional Contributor

Just read the post.

I have a new mighty with very few recordings on the HDD.(at the moment none )

When I try to fast forward a recording from Optus Sport it will eventually start to stutter and I have to press play. (could be as little as 10 mins )

This seems to be the case whether it is fast forwarding a live recording or one that has finished.

I like to fast forward x2 for a lot of the football.

This is not the case with my foxtel box. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem?

I see that a hard reset is one option but as this is a new box that has hardly been used and occured from day one it would seem a pointless option.

0 Kudos