cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Clarkie
Contributor

Fetch TV Problems with Netflix : Red Screen

My set top box reset itself while I was watching a movie on netflix.  Afterwards, when I navigate back to the movie, and hit play a red screen is displayed.  This is clearly is a fetch tv problem as there have been some other references to this here.

Please could anyone with the same problem advise if they fixed it and how?

5 Replies
Moderator Zac_D

Re: Fetch TV Problems with Netflix : Red Screen

Hey @Clarkie,

I've been looking around the Forum to see if there is an exact fix for this issue. I'd recommend taking a look through this thread here  to see if there is any information that may assist in this case. Ultimately I'd recommend a soft reset and failing that a hard reset. I've provided information in your other topic on how to do that, but I'll re-post here so that other users will be able to see it. 

Soft reset
Hard reset (Remember to grab your activation code so setting this up again will be easy! But this would cause you to lose your current recordings / paid content) 

You can also log a fault directly with our TV and Content team here Should the above methods not help resolve the issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Zac_D,

Didn't realise a hard reset would also permanently? remove your paid recordings. Consumer Law would indicate that Optus should be re-instating / reimbursing customers in this situation. Merchants are liable to repair, replace or refund a failed unit but also any reasonably attributed secondary costs. 

Unless I'm mistaken and any paid content can be accessed again one you re-log in?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmmm good question, this is from the Fetch TV support page:

When you buy content through the Fetch Movie & TV Store, Fetch will grant you a license on the following terms:

You will have unlimited access to the content you buy as long as you maintain your existing account with Fetch. If you change your account number, cancel your account or change Internet Service Provider (ISP), the content will no longer be available. If for any reason you need a replacement Fetch box the content will still be available to download to watch as long as your account number doesn’t change.

@Dan_C Are you able to help further with this one?

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'll need to get some clarification on this one.

That's a good point @petergdownload

Let me find out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Clarkie
Contributor

Hi Thanks for your help.  Doing two more resets solved this - odd glitch though.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors