Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch TV Planned Outage (1 hour) on March 2nd, 2020

On Monday 2nd  of March 2020 at 10am (AEDT) Fetch will be upgrading their DRM servers as a security requirement.

Customers attempting to use there Fetch box during these time may experience:

• Playback errors with the Movie Box/Movie Store
  • Playback errors with recordings
  • Playback errors with Virtual channels (Oxygen, Spike)

FAQ’s

How long will this take?

Start: Monday 2nd of March at 10am (AEDT)

End: Monday 2nd of March at 11:00am (AEDT)

Duration: 1 hour 

Can I still use there box during this outage?

Yes. Customers can still watch free to air, Netflix & YouTube. Services may be impacted.

What happens if I reset my box during the outage?

Upon rebooting not all features may work straight away. You may need to do another reset after the planned works are done.

How will I know the planned outage is occurring?

On-screen messaging will show on customer's TV screens advising them this degradation is due to planned works.

What will and won’t work?

If you have started playing a VOD or any recordings prior to the beginning of the outage you will not be affected.

You will only receive an error if you start to play any new content from the following categories during the outage window:

-          VODs (Movies, TV shows and some Catch-Up)

-          Recordings of Fetch linear channels

-          Virtual channels (Oxygen, Spike, etc)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos