Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ArunJ
Contributor
Contributor

Fetch TV - Optus - Shocking Customer Service

Optus customer service is absolutely shocking. I signed up to a fetchTV service on March 27th. Although the store had stock of the fetch mini box I was asked instead to sign up to get it delivered as the system was not letting the customer service rep to select in store as the delivery method. I agreed and was informed that the box would take 4-5 working days to arrive. After waiting 5 working days and not recieving the box I contacted Optus customer service and was told the box had been dispatched and it would take 9-10 working days from the date of purchase for the box to arrive. This was despite the customer service rep that sold me the box saying it would only take 4-5 working days. After waiting 9-10 working days and not recieving the box I went to the store I purchased the service from and requested help in tracking the delivery status of the box. I was told they could not help themselves and was instead put onto customer service over the phone in the store. I was informed by the person I spoke to that the box was still stuck in warehouse and that he put through a request to prioritise the dispatch of the box. He said it would take up to 24 hours for the request to update in their systems and from when it gets updated it would take another 2-3 working days before the box arrived. I asked why I had been told originally that it would arrive in 4-5 working days and again told 9-10 working days and that the box had already been dispatched despite now being told it was still stuck in the warehouse. The customer service rep on the phone asked me "why i was behaving this way". I still don't know if the box will arrive within the timeframe he suggested considering I have now been quoted two incorrect timeframes and also once been told that the box had been dispatched when clearly it hadn't. I am so dissapointed. I was looking forward to watching the content on fetch tv. I am now considering cancelling the service altogether and signing up with another paytv service provider. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch TV - Optus - Shocking Customer Service

Hey @ArunJthanks for bringing this to our attention and my apologies for the awful experience you've had getting this sorted.

Your Yes TV by Fetch service should arrive within 5 business days of your internet bundle going active, or within 5 business days from the stand alone order date.

Given the difficulties you've had, please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can follow up on this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Ajega
New Contributor
New Contributor

I received my fetchTv mini box today. On the weekend Toomey (moderator) cancelled the previous order and created a new order that he could track. The box arrived on Tuesday, two business days after the new order was placed. I don’t know why they got it so wrong the first time but I was glad my box had finally arrived. Unfortunately, my woes with Optus were to continue. When setting up the box I tried entering the activation code I was provided. The box returned a message saying incorrect activation code. I contacted Optus FetchTv technical support to try resolve the issue. The customer service representative cross-checked the serial number of the box and the activation code I was using and both were correct according to their systems. She then suggested the possible solution of restarting the box. This was the only solution she could provide. After the restart failed she said she had to check with level 2 support for a solution. After checking with level 2 support she came back with the possible solution of hard-resetting the box. This also failed to fix the problem. She then contacted the IT department to find our why the code was not working. After checking with the IT department she informed me that there was an order for a home phone service pending on my account and that was the reason the activation code was not working. I DID NOT sign up to a home phone service and nor do I understand why a pending service (one which I had not request) would prevent the fetchTV box activation code from working. Finally, I was informed that a ticket had been raised and the IT department had requested 24 hours to review the case and that someone would contact me at the same time tomorrow regarding my issue.

So I decided to post my awful experience on YesCrowd again and when I try log in to YesCrowd I have another issue. It continues to return a message saying “Server Error. The server was unable to process your request”. So I had to create a new YesCrowd account using a different e-mail just so that I could post this message.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
ArunJ
Contributor
Contributor

Update: My original YesCrowd account is working now but still no luck with the fetchTV activation code. 

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @ArunJ, once the STB arrives, shoot through a private message if the activation code doesn't come through on your end, and we'll follow up and look into it for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ArunJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

If you actually read my post I mentioned the box has already arrived and I have also received the activation code. The problem is the code is not working when I enter it when setting up the box.

I have checked with fetch technical support and the serial number and the activation code are both correct. 

0 Kudos
Tris

I'm really sorry Tano missed that @ArunJ. Was the Tech Support team following up on the problem with the activation code? It may need to be logged with the IT team for investigation

0 Kudos
ArunJ
Contributor
Contributor

So Optus called me this afternoon to inform me that the activation code should now work. After returning home and activating the box, Fetch tv now works with no issues. I am glad to finally have the service up and running. It did take 3 weeks from when I signed up to the service however I would like to thank Toomey (moderator) as the box arrived two days after he cancelled the original order and placed a new order on my behalf.

I would recommend using YesCrowd if you require support for any Optus service as it seems much more effective than the live chat or overseas call centre. 

I am now looking forward to watching the content on Fetchtv and am just glad the service is finally up and running. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
GeoffreyL
Contributor
Contributor

Arun, one thing you have to realise is that the Optus shops are franchises and that once they have your signature, they don't give a rats *** about you, either that or the 5 closest to me are particularly bad. The second thing to remember is that the Optus on phone people are actually English as a third language, and so you have to continually make your point over and over.

The only advantage Optus has here is that Tel$tra and Vodafone are as bad if not worse.

Good Luck.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
0 Kudos
GeoffreyL
Contributor
Contributor

Check the date on your bill when you get it. You can guarantee there will be no IT problem there.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors