Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor sammiebe
New Contributor

Fetch TV My Media Hub Streaming Issues

Hi, I've had a generation 2 Fetch TV box for almost a couple of years now and up to the past couple of months have had no issues using My Media Hub to stream content from my Media Server and USB drives.

However, recently something is going wrong with the Fetch TV Box where it will stop playing files from Media Server and USB drives. about 10 seconds before the end of the video, and when streaming from the Media Server will also put up an error stating Playback Failed.

I've tried different Media Servers and USB Drives which all worked fine before, so I can only assume something is wrong with the Fetch TV Box. I've performed both a soft and hard reset on the box, with no change in performance.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue, and if so found a way to resolve it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor Scottietoohotty
New Contributor

Re: Fetch TV My Media Hub Streaming Issues

I'm having exactly the same issue with Gen3 FetchTV box when streaming from media server, 10 seconds or so out from the end of a track playback stops with the Playback Failed message. There are no drama's with playback on other devices from the media server. I've also tried the soft and hard reset to no avial. Sorry I don't have a solution, hopefully somebody else does in bumping this a bit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey guys, you can raise any Fetch problems directly with the TV & Content team via this form. They're the best guys to assist with these issues.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor fughit
New Contributor

Bumping this to see if there was a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Sorry it's been a while @fughit. Are you facing similar issues to the initial post? If you are, our TV & Content team are here to help. I'll just need you to fill out a fault report here and they'll be in touch shortly. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos