Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ckidaily
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV Mobile App - Activation Code

So this week i signed up to get a plan with optus and my plan includes the music, media and fetch TV. I have called optus and been online support passed around 6 times no one is helpful and im starting to regret my choice. 

I understand i sign in, on my dashboard go to Fetch TV and collect the activation code. However it only gives me the option to regestier a box for fetch TV. 

Can someone help me? Where/Who do i contact to sort out myself getting a activation code?

Thanks

4 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch TV Mobile App - Activation Code

Uh oh! Get that this would be pretty annoying 😞 

We can definitely help - feel free to PM me with your account number, full name and DOB if you still need the activation code. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ckidaily
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All, 

So the issue was that i thought that when i signed up i was told that i would be given Fetch TV part of my deal. However its a subscription option to have it. 

0 Kudos
darfvader
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too signed up for a new mobile plan. It included National Geographic, which I downloaded and it works, Optus Sports, which is active and works, Mobile TV Streaming, which is supposed to work on the mobile at any time that you have mobile signal. I received the following SMS from Optus......Hi, we've received your order for Mobile TV streaming. As it usually takes a few hours to process, it's important to wait for our next SMS that confirms when it's ready to go. Any Mobile TV streaming you do before you get the next SMS will not be data free. I shortly after recieved this SMS......Great news! Your data-free Mobile TV streaming is now ready to go on this device. More info at optus.com.au/yescrowdmobiletv. I downloaded the Fetch TV Mobile App. Upon starting the App it asked for an activation code. It said that Optus should have sent me the code by SMS or Email (Which they didn't). I spent around 3 hours on Optus Support Chat and on the phone to them as well and was transferred to 11 different people. I got answers ranging from....1 You don't need a code 2/ This feature no longer exists 3/ There is no such thing 4/ It doesn't work any more 5/ I have to Download the Netflix App (Nothing to do with the Fetch Mobile App). 6/ I have no idea, try calling Optus Monday to Friday. Nobody that I spoke to knew of the product despite it being on their Website described as a Mobile TV App. The service that I have recieved was poor to say the least. I still have no activation code. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos
Casey_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hey @darfvader, the activation code you need to use with the Yes TV by Fetch app is the activation code used to activate your Fetch Box. If you don't have Fetch from Optus, you will not be able to sign into the app. If you do have Fetch and are unaware of your activation code, you can easily find it within My Account online, instructions can be found here.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors