Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV Mighty controlling Onkyo receiver sound via TV volume

Ok here’s a wierd one. Have a fetch mighty, Onkyo 616AE and a Samsung TV. It has worked fine for years where when I paired the remote with the TV it controller the Onkyo volume directly and turns TV and amp off. My wife tells me last week it stopped turning the amp off and controlling volume. I re paired the remote with TV etc didn’t work, re established CEC connections so now the fetch remote power button turns off the amp, HOWEVER when I use the fetch volume it modifies a volume bar on the TV which I assume is the Fetchs and sound goes through the amp but it does not directly control the amplifier volume as it has done for the last few years. I am utterly stumped all I can think of is there’s a software update that has done this? Appreciate ANY ideas right now
0 Kudos
5 Replies
James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Mighty controlling Onkyo receiver sound via TV volume

UPDATE: It’s definitely the fetch as my Apple TV remote directly controls the amplifier.....
0 Kudos
James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Even stranger: the upstairs tv Fetch remote controls that Onkyo 313 directly. Same software on both fetch mightys- 2.25 Kirram
Does not make any sense. Have changed HDMI inputs on the non functioning if no one has any suggestions I guess I will reset the amp but it has a lot of audio settings so I’m trying to avoid that.
0 Kudos
James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

anyone able to help? Mods? I'm absolutely stumped.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Haha! My son had pressed “paw” and - which switched volume to the fetch from “paw” and + which makes it work via CEC and the amp.

Can’t believe it was so simple I’d tried literally everything else and just happened to re read the remote guides.

Even funnier is my wife swore no one touched anything 🤣🤣🤣
0 Kudos
saltpan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I've just set up a fetch mini from one tv to another. Marantz amp, Samsung TV. Fetch remote only controlling tv volume. I tried the paw + until the light flashes but no luck. It used to work all the time!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors