cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV - Error after recent Software Update - 26 Sep 2017

Anyone else having problems after the recent software update?

FTA wasn't working; unsure about Streaming content.

Cycled between TV Guide / Watch / Black Screen / TV Guide .....

Power cycled box (pull the plug as no switch!!!!)

Software update starts.

HDD Check unavailable.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV - Error after recent Software Update - 26 Sep 2017

Exactly to the letter what I am seeing...and I can't get it to do a soft reset either...a reset has fixed it previously.

So Optus now there appear to be at least a few users with exactly the same issue since Brindabella was released...and we collectively will have lost a bunch or recordings unless there is another way to reset the box...other than a hard reset obviously.

You could try the soft reset...press coloured buttons left to right immediately after power up till (supposedly) the REC light starts to flash red...it is then performing the soft reset and will eventually ask for your activation number. You can find that, if you don't remember it) in your account details online...somewhere...at least that is where I found it a while ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV - Error after recent Software Update - 26 Sep 2017

Thanks. you are definitiely not 2Slow, although I may be 2Old.

Pulling the power and then doing a soft reset worked for me. Hope it works for you...

Just for info, as well as having to re-activate and channel-scan etc it also drops memory of your Netflix login. Possibly other subscriptions too.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Top Contributors