Searching...
Accepted Solution

Fetch TV DLNA server

bev1s
Hey All,

I've been read a lot of posts on the web about using DLNA to access recordings on the fetch tv box, and I would like to use this feature, but am having some trouble - is there any additional setup required to make the recordings available?

When trying this, I can connect to the fetch box as a dlna server, but both the PVR and VOD directories are empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Fetch TV DLNA server

noeld

Hey bev1s

The playback of content stored on the Fetch box doesn't work yet.

If you plug a USB device into the USB port on the Fetch Box, you will be pormpted to use the MyMedia Hub. Click yes and the fetch box will find other DNLA devices for you to playback from.

There is no App yet in the Apps Menu, but at least it part works. (ans yes to use this you have to keep plugging a USB device in the box).

Enjoy...

bev1s
Bummer, thanks Noel - is this just an optus firmware thing? A few whirlpool posts on the internode forum sounded like people were using it...
Solution

Tris

Hiya, it's currently in a testing phase, stay tuned though! We'll be sure to post once everything is up and running Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Karkles

Hi there Tris Guru :-)

Mmmmm, testing since July 2013.

Eight months later, is there a positive direction toward a successful implementation of DLNA (even as a Client using Plex)???

Cheers

Karkles

Tris

Hiya, Media Hub including DNLA is currently active on the STB, however the capability of viewing recorded content from the STB to other DNLA servers/devices has not been enabled. Not details on when or if this will change in the future.

Currently Media Hub is able to access data stored on your PC/media server though allowing you to view content on your STB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AndLux

Hi Tris, 

just tried the whole evenenig to get my Synology DS to work with the STB. So far your right, I can see all the content of my Diskstation, but unfortunately nothing can be played back. Neither videos (avi, mkv), nor even mp3.

Always the same answer  "Playback failed for XY"

Is there any solution to that?

Moreover I asked myself:

1) how I could perform a firmware update on my STB?

2) where could I install apps? In every shiny help guide there published by optus there is always a little media hub app displayed - but unfortunately not installed on my STB?

Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers Andy

halo9
Hey all, for a brief period of time this feature was enabled and quickly shut off by FetchTV at the request if Optus. Later FetchTV confirmed it was shut off for all ISP's due to tv broadcasters requests. Guessing its a copyright issue. You can read all about it in this post.

https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Optus-TV-with-Fetch/Updated-DLNA-capabilities-in-latest-update/m-p...

Was great while it worked but I don't expect to see it again anytime soon if ever. If you ever get desperate you can pull the recordings straight off the hdd if you have a Linux system at home. Just lose file info so you have to manually rename everything. Not really worth it.

AndLux

Hi helo9,

Thank you for the clearification.

Really stupid - where is the big difference in using an USB stick or an Wlan Diskstation.

This makes the whole optus fetch package very unattractive to me. Thank good I started out choosing a month-to-month plan.

Guess a simple AppleTV will do much better for me.

Who needs the low quality Channel-packs anyway.

Cheers 

lastchancename

I have TWO Fetch boxes, and both work fine – but I can't view media on box 1... from box 2 – and vice-versa.

Each box can see the other on the LAN, but contents of the other unit are 0 movies, and 0 recordings.

This seems counterproductive - as both boxes are Optus registered, yet they can't watch their own content...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
64 Kudos
60 Kudos
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos