Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor NoAdsplease
New Contributor

Fetch TV - Critical Database and Hardware Failure

I noticed others have had this issue before. An error message on my Fetch TV - Critical Database and Hardware Failure. Restart Box........ I restarted the box a few times. It goes for a software update upon restarting but the error message reappears after that. Please advise.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
New Contributor funem
New Contributor

Re: Fetch TV - Critical Database and Hardware Failure

I recently started to get this too. On startup it downloads new firmware then says critical hardware fault and to restart. I did this a few times and still the same problem, once it even did a factory reset itself wiping out all recordings. However I found that if you leave it alone it will restart itself a couple of times and eventually will reboot without doing firmware update and restart normally. I have then done all the diagnostic tests and no problems found. Is the latest firmware on Gen2 box still Paradise 2.13?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Good Morning guys - apologies for the late reply! Have you since posting been able to chat with our Tech support team to troubleshoot this with you? Please let us know, here to help

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor funem
New Contributor

I spoke with tech support before posting here, but since my fetch tv was working at that time they said there was no fault. However, this problem still occurs whenever I power off the box and try to restart, it usually begins downloading an update then displays the error message. Can someone please tell me what the latest firmware and software version should be? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey @funem, the latest firmware version is 3.7.6853. Have you tried a reset via Menu>Manage>Settings>Device Info>Options>Restart? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor funem
New Contributor

Mine is still on 3.7.6840. Yes I have restarted the box many times. It seems the new firmware is failing to be applied after downloading and results in the hardware failure message. Lately it no longer even attempts to update so it doesn't display the error message and starts normally. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks funem 🙂 To confirm have you also tried a hard reset on your device?

Please note doing this does mean you'll lose recordings on the device.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Lico
New Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have tried restarting numerous times, have done the soft and the hard reset, and the critical error message keeps coming up. I am not sure what to try next. Other forum threads seem to indicate that it might be a problem with STB requiring replacement. I'd be keen for some support or a fix that might work.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lico
New Contributor

No need for a solution now. I have contacted the Optus team and they are supplying me with a new STB. 

Problem solved.

0 Kudos