Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Jmcmaster
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV Channel Packs

As part of my plan with Optus we get 1 free channel pack, which we have the Variety pack. Recently, approximately a week ago, the Knowledge pack channels were made available to us and we can still access the Variety pack channels. Strangley, when I check our subscriptions it still states we only have the Variety pack and that we could add the Knowledge pack (or others) for $6 each.

I'm really not complaining but just want to make sure it's not a fault with the Fetch TV box or that I will get hit with the extra charge at billing when we never asked to add the Knowledge pack.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Channel Packs

Optus provide a monthly CREDIT for 1 pack. If you don't subscribe to any you get no benefit. If you subscribe 1 then it adds up to $0. If you subscribe to 2 then you pay for both and get 1 back in the credit (i.e. you pay for the extra).

You can switch any time. Just unsubcribe from the first before subscribing to the next.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Jmcmaster
Occasional Contributor

I am fully aware of how the channel packs work. Unfortunately you've missed my point completely. A second channel pack is accessible through my fetch tv box despite never requesting it and it also showing as something I can still purchase in my subscriptions. It became available randomly a week as.

In other words, I currently have 2 channel packs when I've only requested one and it also shows me in subscriptions that I'm only subscribed to that one. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Then the answers would be yes it is happening to others and no you won't be charged.

You can use the extra channels for free from now until the end of May.

Regards

Peter Gillespie