Searching...
Accepted Solution

Fetch TV Activation Code

[ Edited ]
bones01

The box arrived. Excitedly, we plugged everything in. The right lights are coming up. The letter tells me I need to use the activation code. This wasn't sent by sms, but that's ok. The letter tells me to go to optus.com.au/optustv and under "manage" I should find the code.

Sounds easy.

But the code isn't there.

So I get on the phone because Optus are normally pretty good and don't take too long.

Gave up after 80 minutes.

Sorry to sound like a whinger, but that's 80 minutes I'll never get back.

Re: Activation Code

bones01

I forgot to add that after waiting 40 minutes I did get to speak briefly to someone who had to transfer me to the right department (even though I followed the prompts, clearly I wasn't in the right place). He also gave me the phone number that would take me direct to the tech support.

So I thought I'd give it a try.

Turns out that 1300300693 takes me to exactly the same place as 133937.

And now it's a 30 minute wait.

Is it a public holiday at the call centre today?

All I need is an activation code. No Tech support (as far as I know). No guidance on setting Fetch up. Just a code.

Solution

bones01

Finally.

Another 15 minutes on the phone and I finally got to speak to someone who could help me.

I'm content with the answer, just frustrated with the lost time.

Tris

Really sorry about the experience, definitely sounds pretty frustrating. Good to hear you were able to get this resolved though. How's everything going with the Fetch service?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

no_support

This is extremely frustrating.  Fetch finally arrived some 4 to 6 weeks late.  Actually still waiting for my modem, and having to burrow one from relative. Fetch arrives while i am away for work. Get back last night to find out i need activation code.  Says been sms or emailed, sorry but i cannot find any.  So try the online method. No directions work and after 2 hours of trying so frustrated feel like sending it all back and going back to foxtel.  No phone support as is a public holiday. Previous phone calls to resolve tablet, fetch and modem have resulted in major waits of typically over an hour and info provide not necessaryily correct.  Surely if optus is going to heavily market a product then they should be planning the appropriate support structure.  Must have a lot of unhappy customers.  Currently can not use phone line or fetch but get a measily $20 credit. WOW.

Be great if someone from optus can finally help!!!

Tris

I've responded to your other post no_support. I'm apologies for the trouble though. We're here to help if necessary. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Fetch TV Activation Code

to_maiwei
This is exactly what napping now. After delayed for more than 1 month, received and Installed Fetch box, no activation code, "Manage" section no code at all! Calling 133937, now 65 minutes passed, still waiting ... WTF!

jamesp28

Im sitting on hold currently, I too havent recieved this apparent code via sms or email.

it took forever to recieve this box, everything on optus site telling me about the 4 easy steps to watch fetch tv... this sure isnt easy!!!

I cant even find the "Manage" section reffered to in my letter. Searching for it just brrbrings me to this post.

just ticked over the 15min mark on hold! 

This fetch better be worth it!!!

jamesp28

So after you sit on hold for near 40mins, then he asks the usual name date of birth and sends me it in a sms!!! WHY NOT DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Shae
Hey there guys,

Sorry to hear about the issue with the Netflix vouchers. There are quite a lot of people who had the voucher mailed to them. we do need to speak with you so we can confirm a few things on your account such as the sign up date and your mobile number/email address and then we can send the new voucher. Sorry about the long hold... Let us know how the Nextflix is going Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
52 Kudos
48 Kudos
23 Kudos
14 Kudos
11 Kudos