New Contributor

Re: Fetch Software update 2.24 Japoon

What do I need for multi tv connection
0 Kudos
RobP55
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry to say, my post that was marked as a solution, soon became incorrect on my Gen 2. It got to the stage where I could not get a restart to work at all - always failing after attempting to upgrade to 2.24 Japoon even though Japoon was already loaded. The solution summary is to give up and allow Optus to send you the Mighty as a replacement. I was told that Gen 2 had some issues with Japoon. My box was only 4 months old. The Fetch company eventually told me 2.25 Kirrama update was coming soon and it was hoped it would fix the alleged bug with Gen 2 boxes. I contacted Optus and they supplied a new Mighty and allowed me to keep my Gen 2 until 2.25 Kirrama arrived to see if that fixed the problem so I could see my recordings. Kirrama arrived yesterday. My new Mighty uploaded it immediately. Not so for my Gen 2. Whereas before the Gen 2 always started trying to upload Japoon before giving the HDD failure message, when I started it yesterday, it wouldn't even start trying to update to 2.25 Kirrama. After the Preparing message, the TV screen just stayed blank. I don't know why. Maybe the HDD really was getting more stuffed, or maybe Kirrama didn't fix a probable bug with the Gen 2 box. (As my box was 4 mths old, I go for the latter but no proof); but I've given up. The Mighty is great and the Gen 2 is going back in the next few days with my unseen recordings. Don't blame Optus. Fetch TV design the box and the software.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi RSF,

You can find the Multiroom Guide here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos