Searching...
Highlighted

Fetch Software update 2.24 Japoon

Optus

Fetch will be releasing a new update on Monday 29th July to 2.24 “Japoon” to progressively roll out to customer’s set top boxes.

In this update customers can expect:

• Optus Sport via the Fetch box has been redesigned to resemble and interact like other Optus Sport platforms. Fetch will now have groupings for each league. So it will be easier to navigate to upcoming games, replays, highlights and mini matches.
  • Update to Virtual channels where the stop button has been disabled.
  • SBS On Demand subtitle/playback issues have been addressed
  • Other Various Bug Fixes

How to update the Fetch STB

Fetch STB’s should automatically update with the new software and should not require any user interaction. Customers who want to push the new software onto their set top box may restart the set top box to force it to update.

Other Added Improvements

• Stuck notifications when skipping from a paused state are no longer an issue
  • Fix to display of Parental Ratings in Stan
  • Changes to how Hayu treats display of some episode information
  • Small ABC iView meta data display issues addressed
  • Small rotten tomatoes text and imagery updates

Re: Fetch Software update 2.24 Japoon

Zita

my update is taking hours to install - what is the problem

LHM

My update appears to have reset my pin and all the subtitle and favourite channel settings Smiley Sad

Ray_YC

Hi Zita,

For some reason each update we get one or two customers advising their update takes hours on end 😕 

Here is an example: Update 2.22 Heathcote

Some customers had success unplugging and restarting whilst some others discovered their set top box may have been too old,

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

Oh that's not cool LHM 😔 

Thanks for sharing, I wonder if this happened for other users. I didn't have any of those features set myself.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Taylouise

Mine is stuck on the software update too. So annoying. I've unplugged it from the back waiting 20secs etc... Nothing is working 

Taylouise

I just unplugged it over and over again and it finally worked. Update took less than 5 mins after it finally got going 

Ray_YC

Good work taylouise for resisting the urge to give it a whack and getting it to work ☺️ 

mkioppl

Ray,

What do you mean by "set top box too old"? Are some users going to be forced to get a new box by the software upgrade and lose everything they have recorded?

lo2

My fetch service has been stuck on this update since yesterday morning. Trys to update and gives me critical failure error. Soft reset not working. I just get stuck in a loop where it trys to update and cant, giving me a critcal failure error. Or I get prompted to setup my fetch activation again, I enter details it goes through all of its steps, including scanning for tv stations, then it trys to update to Japoon and fails. I managed to get it workign briefly last night, it lasted about an hr then the box decided it would reboot itself and try to install the update again and give me, once again, a critical failure error. This same nonsense happened with the Heathcote update (minus the needing to activate again). What the hell, Optus?? Have tried contacting you via online chat, only to be told I need to call you instead, I've been on hold now for 20mins.  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos