cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Litchfield 2.26

Still not working, it's been over a month. Still paying for stan and netflix that I can't use. A week ago they said they would revert my software to the previous version, still haven't. No F##ks given by optus, great customer service. Sounds like a good time to leave my contract early.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@gswinbourneTks for the update, I will call and ask them to do the same, it's really unreliable at the moment. Still don't understand why my Fetch box from Fetch bought at Harvey Norman works perfectly with the update, but not the Optus Fetch box ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Since the most recent update I have noticed that the protect item checkbox has been reset for all of those recordings that I had selected it for.

This morning when I turned my television on there was a Fetch error message -
Failed to login to server
Follow these steps to fix :
Invalid authentication details

I reset my Fetch box and the system booted up ok.

But then there was a message icon displayed and when I viewed the message it was from a recording that was set for last night and it read -
The Oval Office on Nine could
not be recorded as your hard
disk is full

When I checked the storage of my Fetch box there was plenty of free space.

When I looked at my recordings under My Stuff I noticed that all the programs I recorded the past 3 days (11 in total) were no longer showing and had been deleted.

I then looked under the Recently Deleted tab and fortunately all the programs were there and I was able to restore them.

As a test I then selected to record a program and it worked ok and I was able to replay it.

Are these errors that I have detailed a problem with the latest software update or an indication that there is a problem with my Fetch box?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have experience some issues this morning with my Fetch TV box.

Since the most recent update I have noticed that the protect item checkbox has been reset for all of those recordings that I had selected it for.

This morning when I turned my television on there was a Fetch error message -
Failed to login to server
Follow these steps to fix :
Invalid authentication details

I reset my Fetch box and the system booted up ok.
But then there was a message icon displayed and when I viewed the message it was from a recording that was set for last night and it read -
The Oval Office on Nine could
not be recorded as your hard
disk is full

When I checked the storage of my Fetch box there was plenty of free space.

When I looked at my recordings under My Stuff I noticed that all the programs I recorded the past 3 days (11 in total) were no longer showing and had been deleted.

I then looked under the Recently Deleted tab and fortunately all the programs were there and I was able to restore them.

As a test I then selected to record a program and it worked ok and I was able to replay it.

Are these errors that I have detailed a problem with the latest software update or an indication that there is a problem with my Fetch box?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's been 2 months now, they still can't fix it, off to the ombudsman. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have found another "glitch"...

Ever since the update, my streaming of Fetch TV channels has been iffy.  The on-demand apps like ABC iView are fine.   Live streaming can take a bit of time to start, but the real issue has been all the Fetch catch-up stuff, like BBC First, etc.  I got streaming issue messages when starting a programme, and if it started it would lake up to two minutes to kick off.

In the end I traced it to a feature of my router (NETGEAR 7000P), where I was using Netgear's free parental controls which is OpenDNS.  When I disable this, and went back to ISP assigned DNS, the catch-up worked perfectly again.

I had not seen this issue until the Fetch Mighty upgraded a few weeks ago.  I did try manual network config on the Fetch Mighty to use the Optus DNS servers while having the OpenDNS parental control on, but they still didn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

See my note on previous page. I did pass that info on to Fetch 6 weeks ago.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, it was your post that prompted me to look at the DNS settings. I'm using a different DNS provider to you too. I'm surprised more people haven't had this issue given how non-default DNS could be used in non-Optus supplied routers for a number of reasons. Not sure if it's only happening with specific DNS providers and not others.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @goon, really sorry to hear about your ongoing Fetch issue. Did you get a chance to speak with our support team to arrange a replacement box? Would recommend to speak with our Social media team by sending a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. Apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Kartika Hi, have spoken with someone from Optus Fetch this morning about still having the same problem, my Fetch Mighty freezing all the time since the software update, they say that they are going to send me a new box, but during the conversation she kept saying modem instead of Fetch box and then each time I was correcting her she was saying "oh sorry Fetch box not modem". 

I have received the SMS confirmation with an order number, but on the SMS it says "sending you a MODEM", so now I am a bit scared that they are sending me a modem that I don't need instead of a Fetch Mighty box that I need to replace the faulty one.

Is there a way of checking what is actually on that order ?

Can't Optus do anything right ? So many problems with that company.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors