Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
0x5453
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Litchfield 2.26

I have 2 boxes that were upgraded over the past week to 2.26. Both started exhibiting "Streaming Error Check Internet" on all the Fetch channels with resultant black screen. It looks like Litchfield is more demanding on DNS and I use a secure name-server (Umbrella) which does not like being hammered with multiple requests for "linearcdn.star.l.optusnet.com.au". I changed my internet router back to using the Optus upstream DNS, power cycled my Fetch boxes and now it all works fine. This annoys me because I now have to do manual IP address and DNS on these Fetch boxes so I can continue to protect everything else on my network with Umbrella. If you are having similar problems with 2.26 you may want to take a look at the DNS settings in your  router.

0 Kudos
goon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah um Nah it's actually pretty crappy and stops people watching Stan and Netflix.

0 Kudos
Meimei-0307
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am a former user, and I have no way to cancel the network contract because I do not have the account information and other information mentioned on the APP. Tell me here that I want to cancel the network contract. The letter only wrote the account number. I used it and I couldn't log in and I calling Optus did not reply. 
Don't suggest using the app and calling, because it's useless if you can contact me by email. This problem makes me very angry. I want to cancel a network contract and dragged me for two months. During this period, I have to pay a fee that I don’t use a network. Please contact customer service immediately by email!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Meimei-0307you are posting in the wrong thread, start a new one.

0 Kudos
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@z_hook @Ray_YC  UPDATE on the 15mns reboot.

I have previously said that it worked for me, but it worked for 2 days and then same problems again IT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE.

I also have a Fetch box from Fetch with the same update and that box works perfectly, seems like the problem is only occurring on Optus Fetch boxes .

When are you going to fix the problem ?

0 Kudos
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@ElenaGillbertWTH is that link to a Netherland Google webpage ?

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Caledoz wrote:

WTH is that link to a Netherland Google webpage ?

ElenaGillberte is a spammer. I reported them on Tuesday and again this morning, but for some reason Optus doesn't want to delete it. Go figure.

Metal_Gear
New Contributor
New Contributor

After reading the comments, I guess I can't complain about not receiving the latest update 2.26 on my Mighty box. The Optus Sport replays and highlights are not working though. 

0 Kudos
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Metal_Gear you are one of the lucky ones 🍀 mine still doesn't work properly, if I unplug the box for 30 mns, it works for about 2 days and then stuffs up again 😠

0 Kudos
gswinbourne
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got a phone call from Optus support yesterday.  They have reverted my box to the previous version.  Problems have stopped happening.  Assume they may revert others if asked if you're having problems.

Hopefully they'll work out whats wrong with Litchfield and fix it for the next release or release a patch for Litchfield.