cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Litchfield 2.26

So you roll out a dud software update and I need to get a new box? That's insane!

UPDATE:

I've now phoned the Fetch help desk and they have admitted that there is a known issue with this update.  They do not currently have a resolution date/time.  My box hardware is fine and I was advised that a new box is not required.

It would be very helpful if the moderators on this site actually knew what to say before just saying random things that make no sense.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After the update I have no more settings menu, also I need to restart the box to have to signal found by the tv do as to view the box. Everything was ok before the update. Now I can’t get into the settings. Therefore I don’t even know the activation code to do a hard reset.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My fetch mini automatically installed the update, it now hangs at a black screen after boot up after showing a software update loading notification for a few seconds. This is not remedied by soft or hard reset. On showing the blank screen, the fetch lights pulses on pressing any button on the remote but nothing shows on screen. Also in this state, it sends a Dolby Digital signal to my receiver. It is sad that the closed off nature of the platform and the fact that updating is heavily automated and we can't turn it off or even opt out has led to this. I will be ditching this box at my nearest Optus store and using Android apps onwards.
Highlighted

Hey Alchemists

Your Fetch activation code can be found in the My Optus app under the Fetch service, or if you speak with our online support team via the My Optus app they can provide it for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thats exactly what has happened to my Mighty box which I only received last week and had up and running until the update....
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve also had an issue where my Mighty box has randomly frozen while while watching Netflix, and the box just sits there making some kind of whirring noise. When this happens, it doesn’t respond to any remote buttons; the only way to fix it was to turn it off+on at the wall.

This has never happened before — only after installing the Litchfield update.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"Hardware Fault" keeps dying after software update 2.26.3 Litchfield. Can i ask if updates get tested on various boxes before they are rolled out ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apparently they don't test the software, just throw it out there and she will be right type thing. Worked well for Boeing.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This update occurred last Wednesday and since then we have had nothing but problems with the box, currently we have the box connected via HDMI to our Hitachi UZ657000, then HDMI ARC to our Sony Surround sound, since the update I have to turn the television off at the wall even its remote wont work, have hard to hard reset the surround system, and factory reset the Mighty Box, that seems to work infrequently, the box will pixelate and introduce a static line through whatever we are watching, sometimes if we are lucky we get a no signal message, running the diagnostics a couple of times will sometimes stop the picture from pixelating and getting that static stutter however more often than not nothing seems to help, am now wondering if it is worth having the fetch box or simply getting an android box to replace it.  Anyone from Optus with some sort of technical know how have any additional information apart from telling me to sit on the phone and wait for 2 hours for a response?

Highlighted

Hi @Lvypoung, sorry to hear about your Fetch box issue. If you have tried all → basic troubleshooting, soft reset and hard reset however the box is still not working then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team to assist you further. You can contact them via the → messaging service instead. Sorry, we don`t have access to customer`s account on this public platform here.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors