cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kartika

Re: Fetch Software Update Litchfield 2.26

Hi @bigal81 that is very strange. Can you try → Soft Reset of the box. If that does not help then try → Hard Reset. If it still does not work then yes you will need to raise it with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SusannaGoanna
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry to hear that Zedprince. Im having similar issues. Fetch will not pick up internet via ethernet or wifi. I too cannot access any settings, nor can I perform a soft or hard reset. Have spent literally hours messaging Optus and its driving me insane as to how slow the messaging responses are!
0 Kudos
goon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still waiting on optus for a solution, spent an hour on the phone with some clown who kept on telling me I didn't have the cable plugged in, even though I was sitting there watching youtube. They can't even tell me how to remove the so called "update"

Kartika

Sorry about your Optus Sport Fetch issue, @Xav75. We are aware of an issue with Optus Sport on Fetch after the update. The support team are still working on a fix. In the interim matches will be available as ‘Free Seat’ on Fetch. In other words customers will still be able to watch live through the EPG (TV Guide), rather than the dedicated Optus Sport section on Fetch.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @jimpatel, sorry to hear about your Fetch box issue. We don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. You will need to double check the activation code by speaking with our support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  133937 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST. Alternatively, you can check the code online through your → My Account. The other option is to hard reset the box please refer to this → Support page for more info.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @SusannaGoanna, sorry to hear about your Fetch box issue after the update. If you still need a hand then contact our support team on 131344 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to assist you further. 

0 Kudos
gswinbourne
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Since applying this update my Fetch box randomly reboots its self, Stan, Netflix and Youtube apps hang and the box has to be unplugged from the power and restarted.  Do not apply this update if you haven't done so yet!!!

UPDATE:

I've now phoned the Fetch help desk and they have admitted that there is a known issue with this update.  They do not currently have a resolution date/time.  

I repeat, do not install this update if you have not already done so.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Hey gswinbourne

If you're getting issues after the update I'd recommend that you reset the Fetch box, try a soft reset first and then a hard reset if you continue to have issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
gswinbourne
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Do you mean a factory reset?  That's the only reset that makes sense, seeing the box has been reset both hard and soft several times since the update and it still crashes.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

In that case you're best to get a replacement box. This can be organised with our Tech Support team via the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos