Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Software Update Litchfield 2.26

Fetch will be rolling out the much anticipated 2.26 Litchfield update to Optus Fetch set top boxes commencing Monday 15th June 2020 and concluding Monday 22nd June 2020.

This update has changed the set top boxes (STB) in multiple ways. Below are a few of the bigger changes:

• The Amazon Prime Video app for Mighty boxes.
  • 4K and HDR functionality for the Stan app on Mighty boxes.
  • Ways to optimise audio and video.
  • New Parental Control features.
  • Update to the Privacy Policy.
  • Various other enhancements and bug fixes.

Amazon Prime Video:

The Amazon Prime Video app will be added to Fetch Mighty boxes at Menu > Apps > Prime Video. The app lets you watch exclusive Amazon Originals, as well as popular TV shows and movies.

Existing Amazon Prime Video subscribers

Simply go to Apps > Prime Video on your Fetch box to see your box code. Enter the code at primevideo.com/mytv to sign in and start watching on your Fetch box.

New to Amazon Prime Video?

If you don’t have an Amazon Prime Video you can go to www.primevideo.com to sign up. Once signed up follow the flow for existing Amazon Prime Video subscribers.

*Amazon Prime Video will be rolled out to Mini set top boxes in a future update.

10 All Access:

The 10 all access has moved from the apps dropdown menu. For customers to access 10 All Access they will need to go to Menu > Apps > All > 10 All Access.

Other functionality of the app has remained the same.

Stan in 4K:

This update will allow the Mighty set top box to view Stan content in 4K if available.

To view 4K content customers must have the following:

• Fetch Mighty set top box
  • 4K TV or monitor
  • Stan premium subscription
  • Resolution set to 4K – 2160P on the Mighty set top box

*Not all content on Stan is 4K but can be easily identified with a 4K icon next to the content synopsis.

Optimised Audio Settings:

You can adjust your settings to optimise audio performance on Fetch. The following steps are the best way to increase volume and / or equalise it across different content types.

Pair your Fetch remote with your TV.

1. On your Fetch remote turn the volume all the way up. Press the volume up button on your Fetch Remote until the blue Volume bar fills the screen.
  2. Go to Menu > Manage > Settings > Remote Control.
  3. Select your remote.
  4. Select Remote Setup and follow the directions. For help go to fetch.com.au/support/remote.

Enable 5.1 Surround Sound & Audio Levelling (Audio Levelling on Mighty only).

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Audio & Visual > Audio.
  2. Select 5.1 Surround Sound.
  3. If you have a Mighty, then select Audio Levelling – this helps keep volume consistent across Fetch and is recommended when using 5.1 Surround Sound.
  4. Confirm your selection, and your box will reboot with the new settings.

Optimised Video Settings:

You can optimise your video experience by selecting the ‘Auto’ option in video settings. Your Fetch box will then select the highest possible video quality available on your TV for the content you are watching.

To change to Auto video settings please do the following

Menu > Manage > Settings > Audio and visual > Video > Auto

New Parental Control:

Fetch have added some new Parental Control features for enhanced worry-free kids viewing. These can all be accessed at Menu > Manage > Parental Controls

The new features gives parents the ability to block viewing at specific hours of the day and to lock down access to specific channels or apps.

How to get this new Software update on your Fetch Mighty:

The STB will detect the upgrade and will download and install the update automatically. This will not involve customers having to do anything and usually happens overnight.
Another method is forcing the update by restarting the set top box. This can either by done via the settings or power cycling the set top box.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
50 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Litchfield 2.26

This update crashes my fetch box! Says I can't connect to the internet, but I cannot access any of my settings.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Amazing 💕😉🌹

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the update to Litchfield 2.26 but don’t have Prime video in the apps - the only options there now are Netflix and Stan. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi AlisonRen

I'd recommend that you try resetting your Fetch box to see if that causes the Prime app to show up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you so much for replying.  I spoke to the Optus Fetch help about this also and my Fetch box won't do it as it is a series 2.  They are sending me a new Fetch mighty and that should solve the issue.  Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Box updated yesterday, and now we have no picture.

The sound works on all channels.

The Menus all work

The apps such as Netflix/ Optus Sport can be browsed but when you play something it is a blank screen with just audio.

When we called Optus they have sent another box but our 2nd box in the bedroom has now updated and now has the exact same issue. It seems to be an issue with the update so I doubt a new Box will fix it. I would personally recommend not updating until this issue is resolved.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep typical optus crap again, they have also made it harder to contact support. Never ending problems
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi. After installing this new update, I can’t watch all of Optus Sport programs through the Fetch box. When I try to watch, by way of example, a reply or highlights, it ask me to log on again. When I try to log on again in Optus Sport, it says I need a premium account. Never had this problem before the update. Please help. Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Fetch box crashed after the update! Did a Soft reset however the box won't activate anymore. Says incorrect Activation Code despite having entered the correct code received from Optus.
Top Contributors