Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Software Update Endeavour 3.14

Fetch are updating the firmware for both Mini and Mighty set top boxes (STB) on the 24th May, 2021.  

The new firmware is called 3.14 Endeavour and brings performance improvements and bug fixes.

Note: Gen 2 boxes will not be included in this release.

What has changed?

• Performance improvements and bug fixes for 7Plus and SBS apps.
  • Preparation for the transition of 10 Access to Paramount + in coming months – date TBC.
  • Stan:
    - Updates to the ‘Because You Watched’ feed.
    - Who’s Watching’ profiles added, Stan users will now be able to watch using their own profiles on the Stan App.
    - Maximum number of profiles on screen is 5, if there are more a right chevron will appear.
    - If user switches to a profile that is locked (and Who’s Watching is enabled) a Stan PIN entry is required to access. On correct entry of the PIN, the user is dropped into the Stan Home screen.
    Stan Screen.png
    - Navigate to the user profile on the top right of the screen to change profiles, user can change profile, sign out or change start up options on this screen.
    Change Profile SCreen.png
    - Who’s Watching will be at account level, meaning that Who’s Watching selection (ON/OFF) will be preserved while the user is still logged in / stays logged in. Once they log out, and then re-login either with the same account or different account, Who’s Watching defaults to ON.

FAQs:

Q. How do I get this new software update?

A. 
The STB will detect the upgrade and will download and install the update automatically which usually happens overnight.
Another method is forcing the update by restarting the set top box. This can either by done via the settings or power cycling the set top box.

Q. I have a Gen 2 box, what can I do?

A. 
Please contact Optus to discuss your options for upgrading your Fetch box.

Q. I don’t know my Stan PIN.

A. 
Please contact Stan for support.

Fetch have a collection of 'How To" videos that can be found on their YouTube channel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
4 Replies
IanBHS
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Endeavour 3.14

Since the software update to Endeavour 3.14, the box is glitching at least once every two days and requiring a complete unplug reboot. Is this a common issue?

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @IanBHS, that's not great to hear. Thanks for rebooting your device. 

Your set top box may be talking some time adjusting to the recent software update. I would recommend performing a Soft Reset on your Fetch, this will essentially restart your device and clear any interruptions that may be causing delays. 

Just in case you have not done so already, could you also please connect your Fetch via the Ethernet cable provided. Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable streaming service.

Should you continue to have issues after this, please send through your service details to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App and we will run some checks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
dglfc
New Contributor
New Contributor

2 boxes in and broke after this software update. New box not even a week old before it has gone bust and reset itself. All due to this software Endeavour. Basically no issues for years and now this has ruined 2 days of my life. Quit tweeking with things that ain't broke.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ DGLFC - Thanks for reaching out to us here and apologies for the issues you've had with the modem. Can you please confirm if you have tried to reset your modem and see if tha6t helps? To reset you just have to follow these instructions → Turn the back of your modem towards you. Tap and hold the Factory reset button for about 7 seconds using a sharp-pointed object (such as a paper clip). Wait while your modem restores the factory default settings. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos