Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jchin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Abercrombie 3.10

I still have not receive this update on my fetch. No message shown on my fetch and I always leave it on standby mode.
0 Kudos
Metal_Gear
New Contributor
New Contributor

My G3 fetch box hasnt received the update. It is still with the 2.25. Anyone else in the same boat?
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Metal_Gear, have you tried to reboot the fetch box by switching it completely off and on. Else try → soft reset as this might trigger it.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Jchin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Metal Gear,

Same here still on 2.25 with my G3 fetch. Not update even though I had logged a case with Optus and they keep calling almost everyday to reset until I sick of it. I told them the firmware update should automatically push over the air without user intervention. Seek fetch and Optus not so smart.
0 Kudos
Mal007
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all fetch users, if you dislike the new fetch update, please provide feedback with what you don't like to fetch via their facebook page and tag them (#fetch or @Fetch)
Fetch thinks only 5% of users don't like it, based on comments on facebook site, it sounds much more. Looks like fetch might have an option to rollback to previous version in their next release. So lets give feedback so they can hopefully fix up the things we don't like.
Mal007
New Contributor
New Contributor

Comment from Fetch Facebook site on 2nd August
"An update for people on this post who do't like the New TV Guide, Thank you for your feedback. our user research shows that about 5% of our users don't like the new feature of contextual show info in the TV Guide. Based on your feedback we have decided to build an option into the next release that enables you to go to settings to turn it off if you really don't like it. It won't be ready until Oct / Nov when new release rolls out, but please know we have heard you and are building the option to turn it off."
antho2000
New Contributor
New Contributor

Agreed. Our contract is with Optus, not Fetch.
0 Kudos
jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

Just checked and my Fetch is running 3.10.2 but cannot see where we can turn the dark Guide off.

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @jeepers, we've been advised that this option will be built in. At this stage, it looks like they are still working on this as we're yet to receive communication of this new feature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

OK Thanks .. i took it as it had been released in 3.10.
0 Kudos