cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Software Update Abercrombie 3.10

Fetch have started rolling out an update to Optus Fetch set top boxes on the 24th of August.

The update software is called 3.10 Abercrombie.

Mighty (Gen 3) & Mini will only receive this update. Customers using a Generation 2 Fetch box will remain on 2.26.

This update has changed the set top boxes in multiple ways. Below are a few of the bigger changes;

• New look Fetch Menu’s – With darker colours and larger text to make it easier to read.
  • New TV guide – with a new look, changes to the way some things work, and the addition of a reverse guide mode.
  • Integrated Universal Search – one search will now bring results from across the whole Fetch service including streaming apps and YouTube.
  • New info bar and channel scanner – a fresh look with some changes to how it works.
  • Series Tag replaced by Series Recordings. No changes have been made to the feature only the name.
  • Also coming with this update is Amazon Prime for mini STB’s.

Another New Addition:

24 hour reverse mode which gives the ability to go back 24 hours in the TV guide to watch shows that have already aired.

To view a show that has previously aired, go to Menu > TV > TV Guide. From this point scroll left and see what has previously aired.

Please note: Fetch do not have the rights to all shows for reverse mode. Shows that cannot be played will have a lighter grey text. Shows viewable will be displayed in white text.

Also Included:

• Support for Optus Sport new user credential system and Dash content format changes.
  • Meaningful messaging on promoted upcoming Optus sport non fixture content
  • iView pre-roll functionality.  Stan short message and consumer warning label improvements. SBS On Demand analytic system improvements.
  • 7 Plus minor improvements. 
  • Mini updated to run on Chromium Web Browser (this is to support future operations and not a new customer feature).

Amazon Prime Video:

The Amazon Prime Video app will be added to Fetch mini boxes at Menu > Apps > Prime Video. The app lets you watch exclusive Amazon Originals, as well as popular TV shows and movies.

Existing Amazon Prime Video subscribers

Simply go to Apps > Prime Video on your Fetch box to see your box code. Enter the code at primevideo.com/mytv to sign in and start watching on your Fetch box.

New to Amazon Prime Video?

If you don’t have an Amazon Prime Video you can go to www.primevideo.com to sign up. Once signed up follow the flow for existing amazon prime video subscribers.

How to get this new Software update:

The STB will detect the upgrade and will download and install the update automatically which usually happens overnight.
Another method is forcing the update by restarting the set top box. This can either by done via the settings or power cycling the set top box.

FAQs:

Q. Can I use the 24 hour reverse mode on Free To Air (FTA)?
A. If you select a FTA show the box will take you to Catch Up app to watch. You will need to be signed into Catch Up to watch it.

Q. Will I lose anything due to Series Tag changing to Series Recording?
A. No. Fetch have only changed the name of the feature.

Q. I have a Gen 2 box, what can I do?
A. Please contact Optus to discuss your options for upgrading your Fetch box.

Fetch have a collection of 'How To" videos that can be found on this Dropbox page or these YouTube links:

How To - The Updated Fetch

How To - The New TV Guide

How To - Integrated Search

How To - Info Bar

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
As part of our latest update we have made changes to how the Fetch TV Guide looks and works. There's an updated design, and loads of new features intended to...
15 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Software Update Abercrombie 3.10

Mighty box won’t update? 2 minis have but mighty still on old software. Why?
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey Markjb,

We've just updated this post with more information that has just come in. 

You possibly have a Gen 2 Mighty box which doesn't get the 3.10 update. Or it hasn't hit your Gen 3 box yet but should soon.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The new TV guide format is really annoying.

Is there any way to go back to the previous format?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Really hate the new up date. TV guide is terrible and annoying. The information line at the bittom of the screen takes up a third of the screen. Is there any way to go back to the previous version?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How do i get rid of the dark mode in the TV Guide....its bloody awful  and hard to read.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How is this an improvement. Have spent an hour trying to revert to the previous version. It’s horrible.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Our suggestion would be to provide your feedback to Fetch directly. We have not been informed about a rollback option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

Why should we have to do that?

Optus should be following it up with FETCH, not us.

Thanks,

Rupert

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Since the update, I cannot access FTA ABC or SBS channels on Fetch Mini.  The software update has been uploaded OK.   How can I solve this problem please?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors