cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Software Update 2.23 Idalia

Fetch will be releasing their new update 2.23 Idalia to customer’s set top boxes. In this new update customers will see added and new improvements made to better their experience.

In this update customers can expect:

• Better fast-forward/rewind experience for catch-up and on-demand content
  • Addition of the YouTube Kids app (Gen 3 Mighty and Mini only)
  • New Optus Sport Virtual Channel (Optus Sport customers only)
  • Various Bug Fixes

Optus Sport Virtual Channel

Customers with a subscription to Optus Sport can now reach the Optus Sport Fixtures tab directly from the Fetch TV Guide.

The tab has details of all live and upcoming fixtures available on both the Optus Sport channels 1 to 6 (CH980 - CH985) on Fetch, and in the Optus Sport app.

Within the app you also have the option to watch in-progress matches live or from the start. To do this go to Menu > TV Guide and select CH114 Optus Sport Fixtures

Select a live match from the fixtures shown

Select 'Watch' to watch live, or

Select 'Watch From Start' to play from the beginning

Customers will have the ability to see the next 7 days of upcoming matches on the Optus Sport channels. If there are no upcoming games customers will see “No content available”

YouTube Kids App

YouTube Kids is rated PG and is curated for children, making it safer and simpler to explore all the great educational and entertainment content on offer.

YouTube uses a mix of filters, user feedback and human reviewers to keep the videos in YouTube Kids family friendly, but no system is perfect and YouTube doesn’t guarantee that something age inappropriate won’t slip through.

You can manage access to the app by adjusting your parental level on Fetch by going to Menu > Manage > Settings > Parental Controls > Parental Level

Other Updates include:

• My Stuff Catch-Up & Search - Improved format and ordering of episodes
  • SBS On Demand - Autoplay next episode
  • 9Now - login screen has been updated
  • The remote in the Fetch app now works in Netflix & YouTube
  • Private listening reinstated after exiting standby if bluetooth headphones available
  • Various minor bugs in 7Plus, 9Now, SBS On Demand, Optus Sport & Stan addressed

optus%20fetch%20logo.png
11 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Software Update 2.23 Idalia

Firmware 2.23 Idalia has gone live as of today.

Fetch boxes should automatically update with the new firmware and does not require any user interaction. Customers that wish to  push the firmware update onto their set top box can restart the set top box to force the firmware to update.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor rockchick
New Contributor

is there a reason why it has been stuck on updating all night and doing nothing?  after some google research it seems this happens every time there is an update. really wanted to watch tv in bedroom instead of being subjected to state of origin

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's not good, mine went through with no issue.

You may need to try doing a soft reset

At least State of Origin had an epic exciting ending! ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Nogman7
New Contributor

Netflix is now crashing every ltime I attempt to watch something. It crashes back to fetch tv. Very frustrating. Netflix works fine on other devices. But since this morning it crashes Everytime.

Help!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I assume you mean this is now happening after the software update?

We have not had any other reports of customers experiencing this. Have you tried a soft reset as mentioned earlier in this thread?

0 Kudos
New Contributor BobbyM
New Contributor

Same problem on my box, when opening the Netflix app the box shut down to the preparing system please wait prompt and tries to install the 2.23 software update in a constant loop.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please contact Fetch support at contactus@fetchtv.com.au to enquire if they know about this issue and let us know how you go.

0 Kudos
Contributor Garth2079
Contributor

Please report this bug:

BUG: When using rewind/fast forward on live free-to-air TV, the info bar frequently fails to disappear after a few seconds. To replicate -

- Watch live free-to-air TV

- Whilst watching, press rewind and allow TV to rewind for a few seconds

- Press fast forward and allow the Fetch TV to return to live TV

- Note that the info bar remains on screen indefinitely (it used to retreat after a few seconds)

This was working correctly and the bug was introduced in the recent firmware update.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Garth2079,

Nice pick up.

I've always pressed the Stop button instead of Fast Forward to return to Live TV.

The info bar disappears when doing it this way.

You can contact the Fetch e-mail address above if you'd like to provide them with your feedback.

0 Kudos