Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Remote

Hi there

could anyone help please when we are using our 

remote putting in the password for internet the remote has a mind of its own and jumps all over the place putting random letters and numbers in box 😩 

Any ideas please

Annie

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch Remote

Does the remote works normal when you not entering a password? Maybe try the remote from the FetchTV app.

kids/neighbour are not playing a joke on you?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I so wish they were playing a trick!

When we turn the box on it goes straight to the network menu and we can't seem to get out of it - we have two boxes and it is the same with box remotes.  It was working ok.  We have reset the remote as well.

How do you use the remote on your app - it tries to find the device but doesn't.  I suppose it would need to find the device first then I would be able to access the virtual keyboard on tv?  can you control everything from the app?  I haven't used it this way at all ?  Also, are you able to stream then to your tv?  via googlechrome?  

I phoned Tech help and they said they haven't heard of it before - BUT IT'S HAPPENING and hubby wants to watch his EPL bless him.

Best Annie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Your hubby can watch the EPL using Chromecast by downloading the Optus Sports app on IOS or Android. Just needs to click the Chromecast icon from the app when he is ready to support Liverpool.   Bit iffy for any other games and certainly not Man United.

Have you tried a reset on your Fetch Box, if not try first a soft reset and if that doesn't work a hard reset as per these instructions:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

Dave

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Any luck after the RESETS? 

So, you have 2 Fetch boxes and 1 remote? When you turn on the fetch box, it goes straight to the network screen and when you try to enter anything the keyboard goes all over the place.

Does it happens on both boxes? Is it a new remote or old? if old are there any sticky or buttons that are stucked? A quick way to check on the remote is to use the camera on your mobile phone, focus it on the top of the remote at the IR transmitter, if it is blinking red without any button pushed then it could mean button(s) stucked. Maybe remove the battery or give it a good clean. Another thing you can try is to borrow a remote from a friend..or contact your local optus retailer and see if you happy for you to bring your box in the test it out..they always have a box running in the store..it would be a simple plug in and turn on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Had the same problem with ours.  I could not navigate around the on-screen keyboard, it kept entering letters or numbers that I had not clicked on.  Tried resetting remote, taking batteries out and changing, turning the fetch box off at the wall and back on again.  Still same problem.  I called Optus and they said the remote was faulty and they are sending out a replacement.  Maybe this is a common problem with the new remotes???

0 Kudos