Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
andrew1966
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch PIN not working in Ipad / phone app

Hi,

I've never changed my Fetch PIN, it's still 0000 and can confirm this via the on screen menu.

However when I try and use the Fetch IOS app it tells me the PIN is incorrect.  I reset the PIN on the Fetch box just in case (back to 0000 again) but the app still says it's wrong. I have used the app in the past but not recently.

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: Fetch PIN not working in Ipad / phone app

Hi @andrew1966, the Fetch app pin that you are entering is that to open and enter the app or after entering into the app you are trying to change the parental control pin? The parental control pin is by default 0000 correct. Check out this → page for Parental pin info. However if it is to enter the app then it would be a separate pin that you would have setup like you would for any other app. For e.g. entering opening the banking app.

If it is the parental control pin then you can try hard reset of the box. Here is more → info

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
andrew1966
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kartika,

It's not the parental PIN. What happens is as follows,

I tap the app on my Ipad, Iphone or on my PC on the Fetch web site.

It asks for the activation code which I have and enter and it accepts it. It then prompts me for a PIN which I don't recall having ever setup. 0000 or 1234 doesn't work. How can I find out what this PIN is or how I go about resetting it?

0 Kudos
andrew1966
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Round in circles we go. Used the online chat, they were unable to help and told me to call 133937.

Called the number and by the time I got to Fetch help a recorded voice told me to use the online chat for my problem.  Why do Optus make it so hard?

0 Kudos
Caledoz
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@andrew1966 have you tried deleting the app and re installing ? 

I have just reinstalled the app on my phone (android, not IOS) , it is asking for my PIN and it is the same one that I have set on my Fetch Mighty, it's working for me. Cannot watch what has been recorded on my box on my phone so that app is a bit useless now.

As to why does Optus make it so hard, it's because they can and they don't care much about their customer. That's what happen when you outsource your customer service overseas instead of giving the jobs to Australiens like it use to be.

0 Kudos
andrew1966
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Finally the issue has been solved. I used the live chat again and expressed my frustration.
They got a Fetch tech guy to call me. The box had been replaced about a year a go and I was never emailed the later activation code, it was just activated over the phone. I now have the new activation code and it works with 0000.
0 Kudos