Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Seanoh
New Contributor

Fetch Netflix audio issue.

Hi, hope somebody can help with this annoying issue that I can fix.

I open Netflix through Fetch and play a movies/ tv show from the menu, everything works fine.

I open Netflix through Fetch and select “Search” and select a movie/ tv show from the search results and press play.

The movie starts playing the video is fine but the audio is distorted and sounds fast, almost chipmunk like.

I can do exactly the same on my other platforms and have no issues.

I have no surround sound connected, this is all running through HDMI to the TV. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Occasional Contributor saxydude
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch Netflix audio issue.

Sounds like you might have the audio on your fetch box set to 5.1 surround. change it to stereo. i think that should work.

RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Seanoh, did you manage to resolve this using @saxydude's suggestion? This article from Netflix mentions the audio settings may be the culprit, as saxydude mentions. If you're still having trouble, please reach out

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Lorns
New Contributor

I also have this issue however my audio is set to stereo. It can be working fine then I pause a TV show and when I press play again the sound is distorted like chipmunks. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Lorns,

Are you able to confirm if you're using a HiFi system that runs through a digital audio receiver? We've had similar enquiries in the past and the issue stems from a HDCP compatibility issue. HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) built into certain devices such as HDMI cables. It's a measure put in place to prevent piracy. 

Let us know, we're happy to help out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Lorns
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C I have a sound bar plugged into my TV but it isn't powered on. I've been busy using my TVs built in speakers..

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, do you have a spare HDMI cable that you could test? I'd also suggest a soft reset of your Fetch set top box:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

If that doesn't work then the next step is full a factory reset:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701

Keep in mind that by doing a hard reset and following these instructions this will remove any recordings you currently have.

Let us know how you go. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos