As global digitalisation increases, more and more enterprises worldwide are turning to emerging tech... Read the full story
2019-02-03 04:56 PM
I was in contact with Optus late last week and I believe they are now in final testing of an updated firmware which solves the issue, so let's hope it's made available on general release to customers in the near future.
Maybe @Optus are better placed to give an update on that release date? I'm guessing it should be days rather than weeks?
2019-02-06 01:33 PM
Now go and add Amazon Prime and Kayo...
2019-02-06 01:45 PM
Hey you serious!?!? Is it working now??? Did you do anything? Or just worked on its own?
2019-02-06 01:56 PM
Nope still on grampians 2.21, knew it was too good to be true. Tried soft reset to force update but still on 2.21. Nearly 4 months to fix this, absolutely appalling!
2019-02-06 03:12 PM
I've now contacted Dan_C on the forums regarding the patch and compensation. After initially saying he'd see if I could get the beta patch, he's gone quiet.
I've contacted Optus Tech Support, got the run around by two departments and a "promise" of a supervisor to call me back within 30 minutes (that was two days ago now and no call).
I've lodged a complaint online yesterday and am yet to be contacted.
2019-02-06 03:46 PM
Nope, I didn't have to do anything. I think it happened overnight on Tuesday. The menu screen has some boxes telling you what new in the latest update, and another box appologising for the issues.
Mind you I have two Fetch boxes, I just used my personally bought one, I assumed they are both done but I'll check the Optus supplied one tonight and let you know.
2019-02-06 03:58 PM
Thanks for the details efist. Please let us know how you go then with the optus one =)
2019-02-06 05:32 PM
New software release - 2.22 Heathcote - is now live to all Fetch customers except Optus. Don't see it yet? Reboot your box. Optus is planned from 3pm Monday.
Find out more at www.fetch.com.au/heathcote
The changes are:
- The media hub is fixed. We're sorry it took so long.
- We added a Recently Deleted folder for recordings. You asked ... we built.
- Live streams have been added to 9Now. Great if you have dodgy FTA reception or no antenna.
- You can set up Team tags via Top Shows. PVR boxes can now easily record all your team's games.
- Optus Sport is now available to Dodo, iPrimus and Aussie Broadband Fetch customers
- We've added a TED app for Mini and Mighty customers. It links straight into YouTube. You may need to restart your box to get this working for the first time.
- YouTube navigation bug is fixed
- We've rebuilt the SBS on Demand app
- A Login has been added to 7Plus
- Bug fixes
You can check which release you are on at Menu > Manage > Settings > Device Info.
2019-02-06 05:49 PM
It's pretty funny how, after all the promises from Optus to keep us up to date with a release date, it takes a member of the public to post the info here.
Not cool, Optus.
2019-02-06 05:57 PM
So we have to wait till after 3pm Monday??? erm why??????....... oh forgot it's optus we are talking about.