cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch My Media Hub Error

Hey guys, I can confirm that we're currently testing the new update.

I can't offer a release timeframe as yet, but we'll send out an update once it's ready for deployment. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor stihl88
New Contributor

Finally some good news on this, great to hear!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Downunder1
New Contributor

I hope it comes soon.

That was posted 5th Dec, now 14th.

I just checked  Optus website - 14th Dec 1:23PM AEDT

Navigate to "Setup & User guides / Mighty"

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/fetch-setup-user-guides?requestType=NormalRequest&id=17...

Link takes me to user guide (believe publishd by Fetch)

Either way, clearly states (page 32) can connet to Computer through My Media hub.

So at present not correct.

I believe hasn't been correct for about 1 month? or is it more?

Either way, will be sending comment "demand" , along with the detail from links posted here, for refund on bill for 1 mth, or until fixed.

If they dont- then legal.

You see once contant is online, you can never fully hide it optus!!!

Disgrace.....

New Contributor csv
New Contributor

It is 18th December and the latest update today failed to fix the media hub playback feature (of course Optus support said it would be fixed in the next update).

The explanation is totally inadequate. I had a gen 2 box that worked fine until soft "upgraded" after swapout to Gen 3 and loss of several useful hardware features and more incomplete or is it incompetent s/w "upgrades" still no My media hub playback operation.

This track record is finally making me consider changing from Optus when I move to NBN.

'No' media playback seems to be the Optus Fetch motto.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@csv,

In another thread the mods have suggested there may be a temporary fix that can be done on request (not sure though). 

Try PMing Dan_C and requesting it.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor Wazdog
Occasional Contributor

Still no new release? Or rolling it back to a working one? Seriously what is the with Optus? Technical limitation? oh please try and give a proper definition to the issue. Do you just don't give a stuff about your PAYING CUSTOMERS or are you really that incompetent that you can't even roll it back? Upgrade coming early 2019, how pathetic is that, may as well keep driving around with my takata airbags waiting for them to deploy. I want someone from Optus themselves to come out and say, hey we broke it and don't know how to fix it. The team that released the "upgrade" have all been sacked due to their lack of testing abilities. Oh and as for offering a patch or solution, tell me why this is only available by pm'ing someone here? If it works why not make it public knowledge at least on the forum so ANYONE & EVERYONE can see it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ben-B
Occasional Contributor

26th of December

I just came back from holidays and knew something wasn't right with my Fetch mighty box. Now i can't stream my media from my Netgear Readynas RN102. Is there a way to roll back the firmware manually? This is so annoying... when in early 2019 will there be a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor efist
Occasional Contributor

any updates or ETA on the media hub issue?

So why don't Fetch use PLEX or a simlar app for steaming media (like Telstra TV2 or Vodafone TV use), much better then the Fetch browser menu..?

and it works!

0 Kudos
New Contributor tonysquarepants
New Contributor

Hi.

I have spent literally weeks on this .. it never occurred to me that it was the fetch box's fault, so I have been systematically going through my whole network setup - re-initialising the wireless router, my server, testing all pcs, downloading new servers, etc. Just basically trying anything to get it to work and not understanding why it worked with some devices and not with the fetch.

This morning I disconnected the fetch and plugged in my Fire TV Stick, which works perfectly. The fetch goes into a cupboard for the timebeing I guess - we use the fetch primarily for its media playing capabilities, not online streaming.

Will someone notify us when a fixed firmware image is available or do I need to power on the fetch box every month to see if a new image is ready for download?

This is really poor customer service .. can I bill Optus for my time wasted? .. would've made sense to tell us when it happened not make me waste my time chasing ghosts.

Contributor GJC
Contributor

OMG! I'm not alone. I've spent the last month working with QNAP support trying to work out why the media server on my NAS stopped working 90% of the time through my Fetch box. To their credit, they have tried everything to find out what's going on until finally another ticket from a Fetch customer popped up on their system with an acknowledgement from Fetch that it is an introduced bug in the Fetch box! All of this would be annoying at the best of times but right on school holidays was just a kick in the guts. Would have been really nice if this kind of issue was communicated to customers so we were all banging our heads up against the wall for weeks on end.

Top Contributors