Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Multiroom Mini offer for eligible customers

From this week until the 31st August 2019 eligible customers will be able to order a mini Fetch set top box to add to their existing set top box and get the first 6 months access for no charge. This is excluding purchases and rentals.

With the new EPL season starting this may stop arguments in the household over who gets to watch TV via the Fetch set top box or even allow the die hard fan to watch multiple games at once!

Who is Eligible: This offer is for customers that currently don’t have a multiroom setup on their account and their service is located in our new billing system This means that currently about 93.4% of our customers with Fetch are eligible to take up this offer.

Customers are not locking themselves into a contract. If they wish to cancel the additional fetch set top box before the 6 month free period they are free to do so and return the set top box back to us.

Before the end of the free 6 month period customers will be notified that they will soon to be charged an additional $10/month for the mini set top box and if they wish to continue no action is needed otherwise they will need to contact us to cancel the set top box.

For our customers to take up this offer they need to order the additional mini set top box from their current set top box. Eligible customers will have a tile on their home screen with the "6 Months Free Multiroom Mini" offer with all the information needed.

Customer service agents will not able to process this offer and customers will be directed to order through the Fetch set top box.

For more info, visit FetchMultiroom

43 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Multiroom Mini offer for eligible customers

Interesting deal (although as per what seems to be the ISP Fetch standard, it is not made clear that the box will never be owned by the customer no matter how much they pay for it.)

What is regretable is the requirement that the customer has "their service is located in our new billing system". Again a good news announcement shoots itself in the foot by almost ensuring some Optus customers will be trying to get this deal only to be told that they're not allowed because they've been a loyal customer. This migration seems to have been going on for a very long time now and surely its now possible on an individual basis to manually migrate a customer between billing platforms? 

Also, I'd probably have mentioned that "Customer service agents will not able to process this offer" a bit more prominently as it seems likely Customer Service agents will be getting a flood of calls they don't need. And if history is anything to go by some agents won't know about this offer and be trying to talk with angry customers who are not meant to be on the line in the first place. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, Peter.

The 6.6% of customers who aren't eligible for that reason are welcome to contact Optus and may be offered something as what system they are in is not the customers issue.

I'll bold the customer service agents section.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor stop59
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I click on this offer about 5 days ago and nothing has happened.

anything else I have to do, or just wait?

Tony

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Does seem a little weird you're not getting an email or something. I assume Optus will just send the unit out to your address. You haven't moved have you? Perhaps a mod can see what's going on (would seem normal customer service won't know anything)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Tony,

When the customer takes up the offer via their Fetch STB it generally takes 5-10 business days to receive the Mini.,

You should be notified by SMS or email when the order is processed.

If for some reason this doesn't happen, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

OK thanks will wait and see.

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Surely Optus could at least send out a thankyou for your order email/SMS on the day? Seems pretty poor design (not to mention manners) that customers hear nothing for over a week?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sutpo1
New Contributor

We have ordered ours via fetch box and received it in one week time. Now we have been charged $10 on our bill??

Occasional Contributor

Well it's been a week and a half and still have not heard. they said 5 to 10 days. I will wait till the end of this week coming before I complain more!

🙂

0 Kudos
Top Contributors