cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Multiroom Mini offer for eligible customers

If its free then there's possibly an issue.

One common cause of confusion is that OPtus "charge" $6 on the bill. Lower down they credit $6 back automatically on the same bill. Check that but if you are being charged contact OPtus and they'll cedit the amount manually and hopefully fix the billing issue.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor symo007
Occasional Contributor

Nope, rang them and was told the charge for the channel pack was for the mini.  

One channel pack free on the mighty but not on the mini which I think is BS. 

Dont recall seeing anything in the fine print about that. 

Needless to say the ‘not so free’ mini is back in its box and cancelled. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Are both boxes from Optus? Both are being used in the same network/home?

Basically the only benefit of leasing fetch boxes from Optus is that a pack will work for no extra cost on all devices. 

I would contact support again as you do sometimes get people that have the wrong information.. 

The only reason I could think you might get charged is if you added a pack before removing the existing one (so briefly 2 packs were registered at the same time). You can change the pack any time as much as you like, just make sure to remove the old one first.

Peter Gillespie

PS I think you have to enable multi room. Did you do that? Could you see fta recordings from the main device on both devices

Multiroom User Guide - Fetch

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/Multiroom_user_g...

0 Kudos
New Contributor TrulyFrustrated
New Contributor

Can anyone here advise how I can solve an issue with ftech mini delivery?
I ordered mine through my fetch box at the end of August. It never arrived. On the 2nd attempt one made it to my house but wasn't left by the courier. The courier never left a card but I can see on the camera he was there. The package somehow then made it from NSW to Brisbane Airport and is still there. The tracking advice says its been there since Oct 2nd. I've contacted Optus at least 8 times and they just blame it on the courier. They tell me they can't send me another one while this order is in progress. The courier won't talk to me as they are not authorised to do so on an Optus delivery.  You would think it would be simple enough to cancel the delivery and send me another but apprently not. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You seem to have hit the Optus created catch 22 zone. You can't solve it, and Optus procedures prevent then from solving it. 

Suggest you try Facebook Optus as you may find someone willing to go above and beyond the book.

Also I'll flag a mod who might be able to pass you onto someone that can help. @Ray_YC  @Dan_C 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor TrulyFrustrated
New Contributor

Thanks Peter,

I've messaged the facebook page previously and had a conversation with them but they can only advise on the status of my delivery.  I've also spke to Optus on the phone, by the Optus app message and through email to the complaints department. I haven't yet found anyone that can help. I suspect the delivery has actaully been lost and hence I requested the order be cancelled and a new fetch mini be dispatched but apparently they "system" won't let anyone do that while this order is in progress. There would be someone in optus that can send me another fetch mini. It's obvious I'm not important enough to have my issue escalated to that person. I'm pretty sure if Allen Lew had the same problem that there would be a fetch mini on his doorstep within hours if not minutes.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Pretty surprising that it hasn't/couldn't be resolved by, well to be honest all of those areas but especially the complaints department?

Do you still have the e-mail correspondence that you've had with the complaints team, TrulyFrustrated? You're welcome to PM me and I'll let you know an e-mail address to forward it to so we can follow this up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ZeeN
Occasional Contributor

Hi!
Really struggling to get the second mini working. Keep's telling me that the Box is not active and won't give me the option on the mini to enter a pin or an activation code.

Within my account page, I can't find any evidence of the Fetch within my devices that I can activate and as the communication around the offer has been a little basic, I have no email or text message (apart from the "you've sent an order" text that it began with).

Next step?
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Is the device connected to the internet? do you have an activation code? Do you get to a point in Bootup where an activation code is asked for?
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ZeeN
Occasional Contributor

Yep, connected to the internet... I think I have an activation code but absolutely no place to activate it

don't get to that point

0 Kudos