Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch Mini HDMI no audio

The fault here quite simply must lie with the Fetch Mini. As I have previously stated, I can alternate between my Fetch TV Gen 2 box and the Fetch Mini without changing anything else at all, and I get audio only on the Gen 2 when all of the video and audio output settings are identical on both boxes. There simply must be some variation in the audio codecs or wrappers between the two devices, a side by side comparison proves this out. Is there any prospect at all that this can be resolved in the near future ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Our Fetch TV teams are investigating why this incompatibility is showing up. Not all TV's are affected and the exact cause will need to be located and corrected. Thanks for sending through those details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi. Is there any prospect of a fix for this issue ? I note that the the most recent firmware update (Obelisk) hasn't resolved it. Thanks, Jason.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @ecnirp04, sorry to hear that this is ongoing 😞 

We'll pass this onto our EPL team! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the exact same problem! Except my TV is a Viano brand. It’s so frustrating, I have tried everything! If you find answers please let me know!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi there.

For me it was resolved by one of the Fetch Mini software updates from about a year ago. I'd suggest checking that you have the most recent update, (2.20.1 Freycinet) in case you haven't already done so.

Good luck !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a Fetch Mini that has been working without issue for the past 12 months. I recently added a Channel pack and the sound has stopped working altogether. I tried on a different TV and sound works fine so this leads me to believe that the issue is related to the TV.

I have a Panasonic TX-32LXD70A.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot sound issues on this TV?Strange that it was working fine up until now however. I have tried all the general troubleshooting - soft and hard reset etc..

I have been reading some threads and the issue may be related to the HDMI/video settings on the TV (even though the issue is sound related)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am wanting to know if this problem has been solved.

I am looking at moving to Optus with the nbn plan including the Fetch Mighty. I am wanting to know if all the free to air stations including SBS Viceland (which is now HD) will show on my Panasonic TX-32LXD700A TV. With audio of course!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes - this was resolved with the latest software upgrade

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks.

Also I am wanting to confirm that the free to air stations including the HD channels ie SBS Viceland (which is now HD) will show on my Panasonic TX-32LXD700A TV.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors