Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch Mini HDMI no audio

Hi. I have been trying to solve an odd problem for the last few weeks where I've now tested three different Fetch Mini boxes with all having the same issue, no audio over HDMI. I have a Panasonic LCD TV with two HDMI inputs and the problem exists on both. Interestingly the Mini boxes work fine on other televisions, other HDMI devices such as Apple TV, DVD players and even a Gen 2 Fetch TV all work fine with the aforementioned Panasonic LCD. I should mention that I have tried a range of HDMI cables, factory resets on the Fetch boxes and the TV and cycling between surround and non surround modes. Has anyone seen anything similar ? Thanks, Jason.
0 Kudos
39 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Mini HDMI no audio

Hey there @ecnirp04. I'd definitely need to do a bit of research for you on my end - however what you've described above is quite strange. You've mentioned that you've tried a range of HDMI cables as well as on other televisions. I'm wondering if the Panasonic television has some sort of encryption built into the devices firmware - which may be causing some sort of compatibility issue here. Is it a smart TV? What was the model of the Panasonic television you're using?

I presume that you're television has no trouble when connected to other devices via HDMI such as a blue-ray player? I've definitely not had this issue arise on our end previous to this one. Dan 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan and thanks for your reply. The TV is a Panasonic LCD TX-32LXD700A and is not a smart TV. As I mentioned previously it works flawlessly with a range of other HDMI sources including Apple TV, DVD players and even a Gen 2 Fetch TV box, but for some reason, presumably during the HDMI/HDCP handshake process the audio is lost. It's certainly an odd issue which I am sure will occur for others once there are more Fetch Mini boxes out in the wild, as there isn't anything exotic about my setup other than the tv being circa 2010 vintage. I have logged the fault with fetch tv also so hopefully someone will get to the bottom of it ! Thanks again, Jason.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, quite odd indeed. There was a similar thread where by a customer was attempting to connect his device via HDMI into a HDCP 2.2 encrypted receiver for his Hi-Fi system. This particular customer was actually able to receive video however he was prompted was a "compatibility issue" error.

I'd definitely describe your set up as quite standard here. I'll see whether or not I can get some support from one our product teams here. As you've advised it might be something we need to be made aware of here. Dan 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that Dan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@ecnirp04, not an issue. I'll respond back to this thread with any further information. Dan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It looks like the fetch mini may have an issue, I too have no sound.

I have used the same hdmi input for my Apple TV on my Samsung and have sound.

The fetch mini has been re booted with no success.

I notice there are now a number of threads all with the same problem, can you advise of a fix ASAP?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @cd_57au, I'm yet to receive any correspondence back from the email I've sent off. I'm going to try and chase this one up for you guys shortly. As I've said, I'll respond back once I have a solid answer. Can I just confirm that you're still experiencing the same issue? Dan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No change here Dan, thansk for following up.

Jason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am also having this exact problem.  Now on to my 3rd fetch mini box but not expecting any progress.   I have also checked the panosninc software is up to date.   Please let me know if you find a solution. 

0 Kudos