Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Plonker
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch Mini (Chinese Setup Screen)

Can someone please assist with this issue?

Received Fetch Mini set-top box, connected it via HDMI and powered it on. Below is the screen it boots up to, looks like some sort of BIOS or Debug mode in Chinese. Can't bypass it, the remote control does function as you can go to other menus, although they are all in Chinese and this doesn't look like the usual setup. Have power-cycled it by removing the power cable, still boots up into this screen. 

IMG_20170927_195733.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Mini (Chinese Setup Screen)

Hey @Plonker, I'm sorry we couldn't get back to you sooner. I'm sure that by now you've probably figured this one out, I thought I'd check in and ask (just incase). I haven't come across this sort of thing in the past. Have you attempted a hard reset? This should act a factory reset. 

• Turn off your Fetch TV box and switch it back on.
  • When the first screen appears (about 10 seconds into the startup process) begin pressing the following buttons on your remote control in order. Blue, Yellow, Green, Red individually from Right to Left
  • Once this is successful the   light on the fetch box will start flashing and the Fetch Box will reset.

Let us know how you go. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Plonker
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

G'day @Dan_C,

Thanks for getting back to me, although I've got in touch with Support and had the device replaced.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the update! Let us know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos