cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mojito
New Contributor

Fetch Mighty

I've just moved to NBN from Optus ADSL and on connecting to the internet my STB was stuck on looking for a physical connection to the modem.

I tried a soft reset via the coloured buttons and now I am again stuck on the screen where it starts to set up but still looks for the hard connection. Power off/on gets me back right there.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Mighty

Hi, @Mojito.

When you load up Fetch for the first time, you should receive the, "Set up your internet connection" prompt. From there, you select your WiFi Network SSID and enter your WiFi key. 

In the past, how was the device connected to the internet, were you using a WiFi or Ethernet connection? 

I know it isn't ideal, but if a soft reset hasn't done the trick - you may have to perform a hard/factory reset

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mojito
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Dan_C.

The previous connection was ethernet and this seems to be the reason the box was looking for a physical connection.

I have hooked up an ethernet cable and all is good. However, I would prefer a Wifi connection and was wondering if a soft reset now might give me the option of connecting wireless as the box re-boots?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You should just be able select WiFi as your connection method. Press the Menu button on your remote and go to Manage > Settings > Network > WiFi

Now, select your home WiFi network from the list of networks. Enter your WiFi network password. Remember, if your modem is plugged directly into the LAN port on your Fetch box, it'll automatically connect to the internet via Ethernet. Once you've connected to WiFi for the first time, it'll automatically connect to WiFi (as long you've removed the Ethernet cable). 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mojito
New Contributor

Thanks Dan_C.

It works like you said. Solved!

0 Kudos