Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Mighty problem - Blank screen

My Fetch Mighty has suddenly stopped working. I have used it on wifi. I have checked all power cables, repowered modem, fetch box, TV, swapped HDMI cables and inputs. I have connected Fetch to modem with an ethernet cable. I have attempted a soft reset and a hard reset. Both did not go to the red flashing light. All to no avail. On wifi the fetch box has a blue power light and red connection light. With ethernet cable both are blue but TV does not receive a signal. I am on the correct input. I did read about a HDMI - HDCP compliance problem that may be solved by connecting a cheap HDMI cable splitter. Any assistance is welcomed. Cheers Jim.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Mighty problem - Blank screen

Fetch have a menu option now that forces HDCP compliance (if that's needed)

But that's not your problem. Forget all the internet related stuff. When you turn the box on you should get the Fetch Logo onscreen? Do You?

I presume you've tried a different HDMI cable into different TV slots?
Highlighted

Sorry to hear about your Fetch box issue, @jimberooni. I would suggest to double check the settings and try these → basic troubleshooting tips. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133 937 - Mon - Sun: 8am - 8pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for your reply. No, I cannot see the Fetch Logo on screen and yes I have tried different HDMI slots with different HDMI cables. My box is an older one and I contacted OPTUS who have ordered a new, more current box for me and are sending it out with a parcel to send my old fetch Box to them. I lose all my recordings and although with most I am OK about not having them, there are some that I should have backed up somewhere. Though I'm not sure whether that is possible. I see that my current box has a USB outlet on the side and wonder if this is for extra storage and where I could have saved my recordings.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The Fetch is a 'Freeview' box. This means its got some draconian copyright security built in. They can delete recordings remotely if they want or put limits on number of times to view etc. There is a way to copy off files but its not something you do by just plugging in a USB drive. Enjoy the new box (they have some pretty nifty capabilities)
0 Kudos