Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fetch Mighty have DLNA server capability?

Thanks so much for that noeld. A light bulb just came on! I can now see the article was written about a generic Mighty box, not the Optus-branded one. I guess we just have to wait and see how things transpire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been researching this for a couple of days now because it was that way when I first got the Gen 1 box in 2013. Then optus had fetch do a firmware update for the optus fetch box to make the folders contents appear invisible or empty.
I conclude the best option if you are paying for the $15 entertainment pack is to drop optus and take up the same with Fetch as the Fetch box can be bought from JB HIFI and activated with fetch for $1. Then you have your DLNA server the way it is meant to be. You can then use your optus fetch box as a client in the other room.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. Would be a great option, if not for the English Premier League. Locked to Optus for Fetch unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fortunately I am not interested in soccer. I am interested in the DLNA functionality of the Fetch box. Perhaps you can explain to us why optus has removed this feature? BTW if anyone wanted to watch the soccer in lower than standard definition, they could on the optus box which is being used as the client box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry sddawson I thought your reply was from optus. Of cause you could not explain why we have lost the DLNA functionality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, no problem! And it certainly would be nice to get Optus' view of the omission. But the football is certainly not of less than standard definition. It's of a pretty good high definition quality. I've actually been very surprised and quite impressed at how Optus have implemented the EPL functionality across platforms in a relatively short timeframe!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can now see the recordings listed in DLNA server of the Optus Fetch TV box. I can see it on my mobile and on my playstation. Previously it was showing 0 recordings and 0 movies. My happiness was short lived though because nothing can play them. It does not work. Can I get to work somehow? Anyone knows anything?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can now see the recordings listed in DLNA server of the Optus Fetch TV box. I can see it on my mobile and on my playstation. Previously it was showing 0 recordings and 0 movies. My happiness was short lived though because nothing can play them. It does not work. Can I get it to work somehow? Anyone knows anything?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos