cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Daisy54
New Contributor

Fetch Mighty Flickering

First time query. My Fetch Box Mighty constantly flickers when watching normal TV channels. The Fetch mini in the other room does not do this. I have called OPTUS and reset the whole system and it worked okay for 2 weeks. I seem to have 3 blue lights and not just two on the box all the time. Is this the problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Mighty Flickering

Hi @Daisy54, The reset working is interesting. 

Does the image flicker when watching a streamed channel (Fetch, On Demand, Netflix?)

There are three main possible culrpits - The Fetch Box, The HDMI Cable, The TV.

Try swapping these around to see if you can figure which one. Maybe start by switching the HDMI cables and if that doesn't make a difference then switch the boxes between rooms to see if you can get flickering. 

Note the Fetch unit is a leased box and Optus will swap it for free if there are any issues. So if the problem continues and appears to be the Fetch Mighty just request a satchel to swap it over. Optus should send out the replacement box before you send that one back in but I'm not certain of that.

Peter Gillespie  

PS I assume neither HDMI cable is >10m?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Daisy54
New Contributor

Thank you I will try the HDMI cable first (It is not 10m only 2 or 3 I think). Noted re the return. It was working perfectly for the last couple of months has only just started again so the cable sounds logical. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its not my first choice to be honest. The nature of digital cables is they don't so much flicker as pixelate etc. But its definitely the easiest thing to test and rule out or in.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Daisy54. The right (standby/power) and centre (internet) blue lights should normally be on. The right (remote) light should flash when the remote is used. I have seen it also referred to as the recording light and assume it may be solidly on when recording. So. you may have an issue with your remote (stuck button?). Try resetting the remote https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/troubleshoot-your-fetch-remote-control?requestType=Norm....

0 Kudos