Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Mighty Box missing

My father upgraded his home internet on the 12th of February and included the Fetch Mighty Box bundle for an extra $15 on the bill. The store person who assisted us said that the technician installing the NBN would carry the modem and the Mighty Box. The technician arrives on the 12th of Feb, explains this isn't the case as they work for NBN and not Optus, barely manages to finish the job because of this and leaves. 

On the 18th of February, the modem arrives. I install it and all is well. I see somewhere online someone said the Mighty Box usually arrives 10 days after the modem. It is now the 12th of April and we still haven't seen the Fetch Mighty Box. We cannot contact anyone because of the pandemic and we have no access to the Optus App, which all support streams lead to now during these times.

The issue with the app is the account is under my deceased mother's email. My father went in a few years ago when this happened to get the account put into his name and we thought all was well. Turns out they never changed the registered email and anytime we brought it up with someone on the phone, they said not to worry about it and just helped us with any issues anyway, rather than assisting us with changing the registered email, which we have no access to. 

I have tried registering accounts on the Optus App with the current registered email and my father's email account, and both results in saying "No registered account found" even though I am in the section trying to register the account. 

We have the original invoice which includes the Mighty Box and the NBN (no order number) and a receipt that arrived with the NBN modem that does have an order number which just says completed when put into the app. My father's mobile number is registered to the account, but he never received any information, which leads me to believe all information was sent into the email we have no access to.  

It is very frustrating having to pay for a service that we have not yet received and any assistance will be appreciated. 

Thank you,
AronKay

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Mighty Box missing

The NBN technician is indeed not responsible for anything other than connecting up the NBN. At the moment contacting Optus is extremely difficult and will often involve long times waiting (hours / days).

It sounds like you need to sort the account ownership first. Probably start here:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/bereavement-form
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for the response. I went over the link you provided, but I'm not sure that would work as the account is in my father's name already. It's his name on the bill and it has his mobile number. It's just for whatever reason when he had it put into his name so many years ago, they didn't change over the email address and it hasn't really been an issue until now. The link wants the current owner (the deceased) and the new owner's details. But as I said, my father is the current owner of the account. Thank you anyway though, I'm also speaking to Optus through facebook, but all they can do for me is send me a link to a "Contact Us" page which when followed leads back to the covid page detailing that we need the app. It really feels like we've been going in circles for a few weeks now trying to sort this out. 

As for calling them, we have tried for a few days in a row here and there. It's the same thing I'm finding online. An automated message explaining they are only accepting Covid affect cases and then pointing us to the app. 

I figured from the get go it wasn't the technician's responsibility to carry to modem and fetch box, but someone should really tell Optus. Every person I spoke to in-store and every person I spoke to on the phone all said it was the technician's responsibility. Then they go, "let me check where it is for you. Please leave your details..." and they never get back to us. 

Thanks again though, I do appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The separation of NBNCo has caused hedaches for the Telcos (as they have no direct control over the people setting up the connection you requested). NBN actually don't interact with the public at all, as the NBN's 'customers' are the Telco's, not us.

But that said, some Telcos have deliberately blurred that distinction for different reason with both its staff and customers. The Optus NBN setup process still seems mired in a lack of transparency and on going information. And that was before Covid 19.

Getting through is indeed a real stretch now. I would suggest you try calling in business hours (from tomorrow) as there is possibly a Fetch Team around those times. The mods here have confirmed you can get through with the following some times:

Dial 133 937. Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm (AEDT) Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEDT)

Don't press 1 and hold the line, you'll either be on hold and get through to someone or get the standard IVR to enter your service number and follow the prompts and press 3 to cancel. Times can vary from a few minutes to many hours.

---

As a possible alternative, the Optus Fetch box is never yours to keep and must always be sent back when / if you leave Optus. You can buy your own refurbished unit from FetchTV direct on eBay for $280 that is yours to keep forever with any RSP. Note the free Optus channel is not free on a non Optus box.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fetch-Mighty-PVR-Set-Top-Box-Recorder-4K-HD-M616T/312516775109
0 Kudos