Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Phiza
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Mighty Box Set-up

New Optus internet and Fetch bundle, internet installed yesterday and working well.

Trying to set up my Fetch Mighty Box, received Activation code,  connected box by ethernet, automatic firmware update came up immediately.

Screen then changed to "Welcome" 

System is ready.  Please continue to set up your Fetch Box.

Then a box with "Continue" is highlighted for selection.

Doesnt respond to the remote, also no lights are on at the front of the Fetch Box.

Ive tried another remote (my sons) but still not working?

Is it because its a new set up and still waiting for the thing to be setup back at Optus.

Really frustrated, and would welcome any advice.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Mighty Box Set-up

The box might be cactus. You could try a hard reset:

Using the Fetch Remote Control:

1. Turn your Fetch set top box off, and wait 30 seconds before turning it on again.
  2. When the set top box is starting up - during the first two minutes of loading - press the coloured buttons on your remote control in order: 
    Buttons to push, in order, to reset the Fetch set top box
  3. Continue pressing these buttons in order until the REM/REC light on the front of the set top box starts flashing red (usually shortly after the screen turns off and on). The set top box will then reboot.
  4. You will need to reactivate your Fetch set top box by entering your activation code and rescanning channels.

But otherwise you'll probably need to get it sent back for a replacement. Contact Optus (facebook, mobile app or livechat) and request a free satchel be sent out and also a new Fetch box.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just clarifying that the Activation Code worked?

I understand there is an issue with the activation code for some customers at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Phiza
New Contributor
New Contributor

Here I am 14 days after my Bundle was installed and still with no working Fetch Box!

I've contacted Optus by various methods.

I received my Activation code on the day of installation, which didnt work... no lights on box and not responding to remote.... contacted Optus was told it can take between 24 and 48 hours to begin working.

Waited 48 hours.... still not working.

Contacted them again.... told it could take another 48 to 72 hours! Not happy but waited another 72 hours still nothing!

Contacted them again and told could now take another 3 to 4 days! I demanded to speak to a supervisor who eventually offered to Activate the box as a "standalone" box as a temporary solution that would be sorted within 30 mins..... it wasn't!

Over the last 14 days I have repeatedly contacted Optus, provided my details over and over to a different person on each occassion, been promised things would get sorted, arranged call backs from them at specific times which never happened.

I have been provided with no less than 5 different activation codes and for some reason two separate prepaid envelopes, presumably to send back the box but with no instruction to do so during any of the conversations I've had with them. Ive told them from day one that the box had no lights and didn't respond to the remote, but have never suggested I needed to send the box back!

I am now seriously contemplating cancelling the whole package and trying to find a new internet provider as I am so disillusioned by the whole thing.

If anyone can help I'd be really greatful for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You don't need an activation code to turn the box on and see something on screen. If you can get a loading splash screen then the box sounds busted (the lack of lights would seem to confirm this). Activation obviously would have no effect.

Contact Optus and request a replacement be sent out (they're a leaqse box you never own so Optus just swap them over if they stop working). Put the box, powercable, hdmi cable and remote in the satchel and sent it back (keep a record of any tracking details!). Note do not return the box to a store.

Its a shame though that its taken this long (and now longer) to resolve.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The communication does sound pretty poor so it's disappointing to hear that.

As you've already been sent two return satchels, requesting another would just add to the timeframe so assuming you still have them, return the box as Peter advised. 

From there, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. They'll be able to see your account and progress to a resolution and you won't have to repeat yourself each time as there will be a message history once you start a conversation with them. Let us know how you go. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos