Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Firmware Update 2.25 Kirrama

So today my fetch decided to upgrade firmware to the latest 2.25 Kirrama, but have received error message:

HDD failed to mount. Restart the Fetch Box and if the problem persists contact your FetchTV Service Provider.

Then another message similar to the above but started with 'Critical Hardware Fault...'

Well, I have tried restarting the fetch box numerous times. Tried to update software again and receiving the same message, or sometimes just freezing at the Optus Fetch screen. 

Please advise on possible solution as I cannot get passed this failure and use the Fetch box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there Loopah_244,

Strange how some units are only updating to this software now?

Anyway, reading back on previous responses to this thread, some customers had to unplug their box for a few minutes and plug it back in to get it working, a few needed a replacement box. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I gave up. called support. Told me I needed a new fetch, but good news! I would get a free upgrade to fetch mighty.

Fetch mighty is way better than my old fetch. Supports 4K and can play videos from my media server without buffering.

But I got my next bill and had a $99 charge for the upgrade. Awesome work Optus!

Anyway called them up and they refunded the fee.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK heres an update.  I decided to ring optus on monday and have another go.  This time I managed to convince the Optus guy that I was indeed me.  He said that they would send out a new fetch box but charge me $99.  I wasnt about to argue and agreed.  I then received an email on thursday saying that the box had left the warehouse and was on my way and that I should expect delivery.  I asked my wife to wait for it... it never arrived.  Yesterday we received a not at home card - no problem - I went to the post office and picked it up today.

Now, Ive connected everything, cranked it up and its asking for an activation code.  I rang optus and I was told to use online messaging.  I went online and the person (or bot) told me to ring.   I said I wasnt going to ring and he transferred me to someone else.  Finally I received my activation code but it doesnt work.  I will need to wait up to 48 hours until it is active.  That brings me up to a week since I ordered the new box.  I was told it was delayed due to a technical glitch.  I think that means incompetence.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

Our fetch box starts the download and sometimes seems to finish it but most of the time the message pops up saying that we have a critical hardware fault. Is that because our box is a few years old? We don't seem to be able to access Optus Fetch TV functions at all anymore, including previously purchased movies that are on the hard drive. We can sometimes get through to Netflix but it's getting erratic. We are not connected to free to air tv. We have a good nbn connection and it is connected by ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for returning with an update bmorgana, hopefully you're up and running soon.

That could very well be the case, MelanieL. 

When a Critical Hardware Fault occurs, the Fetch box will restart automatically within 30 minutes. When it boots up again, one of the following error messages will be displayed on the loading screen:

"Critical Hardware Fault. Restart your Fetch box and if the problem persists, contact your Fetch Service Provider."
"Critical Hardware Fault – HDD self-check unavailable. Restart and if the problem persists contact your Fetch Service Provider."
"Critical Hardware Fault – HDD self-check failed. Restart and if the problem persists contact your Fetch Service Provider."
"Critical Database and Hardware Fault. Restart your Fetch box and if the problem persists, contact your Fetch Service Provider."

Troubleshooting
Restart your Fetch box by turning off the power at the electrical outlet where the box is plugged in. Wait one minute, then turn the power back on and allow the Fetch box to boot up. If no error message appears, the issue is resolved.

If you still receive a Critical Hardware Fault message, attempt a hard factory reset of your Fetch box by following the steps below.
WARNING: A hard factory reset will wipe all recordings and series tags etc. and the Fetch box will need to be set up again.

Restart your Fetch box again. This time, while the Fetch box is still booting up and the loading screen is displayed on your TV, press the coloured buttons on your Fetch remote in the following order: Blue > Yellow > Green > Red. Keep doing this until the REM/REC or Paw light on your Fetch box starts flashing. The Fetch box will factory reset and restart automatically - this may take several minutes.

Once the factory reset is complete, follow the steps in Set up Fetch TV Gen 3 set top box to set up your Fetch box again.

If the error persists or the Fetch box loads into a "Limited Service Available" screen, please contact Optus directly for further assistance. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos