Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Firmware Update 2.25 Kirrama

That is not good at all, Croydoneagle. I've always hoped that Fetch would have some sort of back up in place for recordings for these kind of circumstances.

It sounds like you've got a replacement STB on the way, just curious what is the purpose of your follow up call? Just a heads up you can send Optus a message instead to save waiting forever on the phone.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Croydoneagle
Contributor

This gets worse - its the 29th - no box yet! The phone contact centre can only apologise for a delay in the warehouse - I ring each day and get a different story!

Two days ago some bright spark decided to 'fast track' it - with a new order number - god knows how long it will take now.

What gets me is the continued ongoing lack of any customer service ethic at optus - from 3 years ago when I first tried to switch to optus to get the premier league, gave up due to useless (but cheap I expect) delivery methods, then 2 years ago switched as I was moving houses so had pain anyway.

Now I lose all recordings due clearly to a terrible upgrade process that wasnt tested - and now 10 days later still waiting - the call centre blames a lack of staff in the Sydney warehouse - HOW ABOUT SOME SEMBLENCE OF CARE AND COMMUNICATE BEFORE I RING EVERY DAY!!!!???

I see yescrowd cleverly clogs up the google searches so we cant find a review site to complain at (even the complaint process is useless and slow!!) - SO, now I am extremely angry afetr 3 years of continued clear no idea of customer service, watch what happens next. I dont want apologies, I want a customer service brain cell somewhere in the organisation so we canb avoid this terrioble service! Watch and learn.....

0 Kudos
Contributor Croydoneagle
Contributor

and now the feedback questions dont even work!!!!!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It was communicated to all staff last Thursday that:

It has been identified that there are Fetch delivery delays impacting the following order types:

• Fetch STB replacement and upgrades
  • Fetch Free 6 months Mini multiroom offer
  • Ceased Fetch STB collect kits
  • Customers who are awaiting their replacement or upgraded Fetch STB will also start to receive their boxes early next week.      

so it's disappointing to hear you weren't advise of this known issue. Hopefully it's arriving today/tomorrow.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Croydoneagle
Contributor

Years of 'disappointment'..... when do you think a customer service ethic will arrive at OPTUS? Basic to begin with... such as recignising issues ealy, then communicate, then maybe even do something about it...

I will post the alternative to OPTUS Sport for Premier league shortly, but not here, its controlled.

0 Kudos
Contributor Croydoneagle
Contributor

and now you know why the followup call (your question) - its because I have no trust... and was proven right again.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor 72pac
Occasional Contributor

Hey, my fetch box has this problem every upgrade.

if I unplug it wait and plug it in again, eventually it works again until the next upgrade. Somes it takes 10+ attempts.

But that beats dealing with optus customer support.
0 Kudos
Contributor Croydoneagle
Contributor

Its ok, I am now calm angry. Watch OPTUS go down. 😈
0 Kudos
New Contributor namanjhonsaon
New Contributor

hello,

Is there a way to update the firmware on the airtv black box if so, how? kamukta

0 Kudos