Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Firmware Update 2.25 Kirrama

Fetch will be introducing a firmware update due to be rolled out on 4th November, 2019 staggering over four days.

Customers wanting their set top box to update to the latest firmware can reboot the set top box.
To reboot your Fetch box, turn the power to the box off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
When the set top box boots back up it will then download the latest firmware version giving them all the changes.

Customers unable to view specific content on Fetch running an old firmware, the forced update should resolve the issue.

Some improvements are:

• Improved user interface for many apps like Stan / 9Now and Optus Sport.
  • Hayu has a new home under Menu > Apps > All > Hayu.
  • Streaming improvements – that is, if a user has high bandwidth, the stream will start at the highest streaming bitrate immediately rather than starting at the lowest and then ‘ramping up’ to the higher quality.
  • Streaming issue suggestions – by providing a set of standardised troubleshooting steps like restarting the modem etc.
  • Continue watching feature added to 7plus catchup

10 All Access is a new service / app that features all the content from Ten and its parent company CBS. The service will feature an ever expanding library of content from the Network Ten and CBS libraries, all available commercial free and on-demand. At the time of drafting this, the cost is $9.99.

For a list of the content customers can go to www.tenallaccess.com.au/shows/

The new 10 All Access app is currently in preparation and will be live in future Fetch updates.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
New Contributor CarlaWW
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Firmware Update 2.25 Kirrama

How long should this take to download? It says minutes on the screen and it’s been 30 minutes with the line not moving...

New Contributor AndrewG20
New Contributor

Same, I've been trying to download this update since last night.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi guys,

What type of Fetch boxes do you have?

A handful of customers reported similar issues here for previous software/firmware updates.

Some had to unplug their box for a few minutes and plug it back in, a few needed a replacement box.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AndrewG20
New Contributor

Hello, thanks for your response. I finally managed to get it going by plugging and unplugging my box for most of the day. That was really frustrating but I'm all good now. My fetch box is a fairly recent one so I didn't think that would be the issue. Regards, Andrew
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Persistence pays off, glad to hear it went through. Thanks for returning to let us know 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor mcc48
New Contributor

Since 2.25 was installed I am unable to watch any of the ABC iview live streams.   After a couple of seconds the whole box freezes and eventually reboots.  These streams were working fine previously.  They are the only way I can get ABC because FTA signal is weak and unreliable.  Otherwise the fetch box is working fine.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor mcc48
New Contributor

My problem solved itself after a couple of days. The iview live streams are working fine now.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's great news, mcc48. Thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Croydoneagle
Occasional Contributor

This just caused my fetch box to develop a critical fault - now I have to wait 2-3 days for a box to be posted, then miss the delivery (because I work!), then go to post office, then wait another day for an activation code.

What a joke - and I lose all my recordings! And no one on the phone cares!!!

Now I am on the phone again and waiting forever!

Twice now, the untrained, non customer focused person on the phone passing me to the Fetch area did not explain the situation and I had to explain again - typical optus customer service (thats an oxymoron)

0 Kudos
Top Contributors