cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Box picture and Netflix issues

Sunday afternoon I turned my TV on, the screen displayed a picture which had a white film covering it, on the white over screen  was listed a menu of station numbers and names in black font.   The display was frozen.

The 3 lights on the FETCH box were Blue / Red / Blue, normal operation shows 3 Blue lights.

I turned off & on, no change.

I reset my modem, no change (note, all green lights on modem which appeared to be operating normally.   I still had my laptop and landline functioning)

I turned the modem on and off, no change, I turned it off and left it off for 20 minutes, the system appeared to return to normal.

Monday I attempted to watch NETFLIX, when I enter my PIN the screen returns to the TV picture, I can not access NETFLIX.

I would appreciate your advice,

Regards

Greg *hidden*

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch Box

@kdandgnhill For support Optus recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

As per the warning on the Yes Crowd Home Page and on the side of this page Please don't post personal info. I suggest editing your post to hide your phone number.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Box

Please don't post personal information in a public forum.

It sounds like the box may be malfunctioning or having issues with an update. Try the following:

1) Connect the Fetch directly to the TV (if you haven't already)
2) Try a different HDMI cable
3) Try a SOFT reset (its an option in the menu, no recordings lost)
4) Try a HARD reset (all recordings lost)

If that doesn't work (others have reported having issues with the Netflix App) then contact Optus and request a replacement box (and a return satchel for this one)
0 Kudos