Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
amcaranto
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Box how to turn off sleep mode

Hi how can I turn off sleep mode completely on my Fetch TV box?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kartika

Re: Fetch Box how to turn off sleep mode

Hi @amcaranto, you can turn sleep mode off on the Fetch box by navigating into Menu > manage > settings > network > bandwidth, then Hardware Health and Disable Sleep Mode.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
dniero1
New Contributor
New Contributor

when i get to network, i dont have a bandwth option
0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @dniero1

Just to confirm, do you currently have the Fetch Mighty set top box? If that is the case, then the option to turn off sleep mode would not be available. More information can be found on this thread

Is there any particular reason as to why you are looking to turn off sleep mode on your Fetch set top box? If you are concern about scheduled recordings not taking place when the box is in sleep mode, this should not be an issue as scheduled recordings will still go ahead even if the set top box is in sleep mode.

Hope the above information helps. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

dniero1
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks for your reply, on activation of fetch box, we had sound, menu screen but no picture. The box was turned of for about 2 hrs before turning back on again.  After checking cables, soft reset the problem is still present every 30 seconds the menu screen will go blank for a couple of seconds.  Im certain I will have to contact Optus to organize a replacement box.

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Thanks for providing more information on the issue, @dniero1

If you have already checked the cables and performed a soft reset, it does sound like there may be an issue with the Fetch set top box itself. 

I would also recommend performing a hard reset to check if this would resolve the issue if you have not yet done this. The steps for a hard set can be found on our How to reset your Fetch box support page. 

Should the issue persists, then please do contact our Technical Support teams via the My Optus app for further assistance. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Xcelplus
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Fetch box is still going into sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

I thought this solution was meant to fix this problem?

🙂

0 Kudos
Limpinlizard
New Contributor
New Contributor

Read all that but don’t have a bandwidth option?
0 Kudos